52

"You're excited."

"...Shut up."

"You shut up."

"No you shut up."

"No you shut up."

"No you shut up-" Dad no.2 sets for dad no.1 and I go completely silent and ignore Kuroo as I keep my eyes focused. He just smiles and watches my eyes that twinkle when dad jumps into the air.

I haven't seen him play in so long... Since I was about nine or eight and he was teaching me the basics.

I want him to come over to me and teach me something but he goes over to Hinata instead and I frown.

He's my dad.

Go get your own dad.

MY DAD-!

"Were you watching?"-Ukai-

"Yeah?"

"You try it."-Ukai-

"WhAt?"

"I'll try!" Hinata tries and gets the height and movement perfectly as Kageyama throws a set. "I DID IT!"

"No sorry Hinata-"-Samuel-

"BECAUSE YOU'RE ALREADY GOOD AT SPIKING YOU IDIOT STOP BEING AN IDIOT!" I shout as I point and he chuckles anxiously. "IMMA TRY." I storm over and Kageyama knows how to set for me so he throws a set and I try to copy him but completely miss because I'm so frustrated and panicky. "Again-! Ah-" Dad chops my left shoulder and I pout at him as I turn around. "What was that for?"

"Calm doooooowwwwwnnnnn." He chops my shoulders like a robot and I try slapping his hands away before he turns me around and I just pout.

Why's he being so mean all of a sudden? He's always soft and gentle and now he's just being a poop...

Ukai chuckles when he knows what I'm thinking and I pay attention to Kageyama. He goes to set when I crouch down suddenly and speak as I crack a bunch of bones. "I forgot to stretch." Ukai and Samuel both face palm but Kuroo just smiles at me. And I see him smiling and watching me closely but now I'm properly focused it doesn't matter. I get back up and crack my neck lastly before running to the net because I know how good Kageyama is.

He shifted his weight to the balls of his feet when he jumps and then it looked like he pushed against the ground as hard as you would front kick someone. At the same time I use my arms to lift myself up higher before slamming the ball into the ground right on the line.

That took so much effort out of me from how high and controlled everything used to be. And I'm nowhere near as strong as Hinata or any others in my team. Physically I'm weaker then all of them and I have very low energy nearly all the time.

So it's no surprise I'm already panting and sweating a bit as I turn around and look at dad. "What'd I do wrong?" I ask panting and he just chuckles at me. "Nothing that was perfect! Maybe even better then mine! But you do need to start working out." He pats my back and I just let out a cracked sigh before rubbing my thighs to get rid of the ache. "I'm surprised you even got that high. It was higher then Hinata-!" Hinata hug tackles me(gif) and dad chuckles as Kuroo keeps his hands on his hips and look at me with a smile.

 It was higher then Hinata-!" Hinata hug tackles me(gif) and dad chuckles as Kuroo keeps his hands on his hips and look at me with a smile

"Man there's no way I can block that in a game."

"Was it really that good-" Hinata strangles me as he shouts right next to my ear. "ThAt WaS sO cOoL!!!!"

"Hinata don't strangle our own team mate." Kageyama drags Hinata off of me and I smile a tiny bit before dad says something I was regretting. "Let's have a game. Ukai, Kuroo and me vs Hinata, Kageyama and Oreki." I stand up with a sigh before Hinata speaks. "Let's do it!!" Hinata is basically beaming with excitement whereas I'm just dreading it and now wanting to go home. I look very happy to be here either as I get into position with Hinata and wait for Kageyama to serve.

Kuroo's great at blocking, I've only just gotten a ball past him.

Ukai's amazing at setting and he's a veteran.

AND MY DAD'S KNOWN WORLDWIDE BECAUSE HE USED TO BE IN THE JAPAN TEAM.

So how is this fair?