66

"Hey Oreki." I turn around and look at someone familiar whom I've never spoken to before. "Hey...?"

"Oh! My name's Kinnoshita."

"Hey, sorry."

"It's fine." He chuckles anxiously and I pass him a spair volleyball. "I was just wondering if you could help me with my recieves? And passes... I wanna get better."

"Yeah. Just don't tell the coach."

"Why?"

"Sshhh." I slip outside the gym with him and start practicing simple receives with him until... "OREKI!!"

"JESUS!" I receive the ball too hard and hop a bit from shock. Kinnoshita looks at us confused before Ukai slaps me upside the head and then grabs my ear and drags me inside the gym. "No practicing!!"

"OkAy JeSuS!!" He let's me go and I huff as I sit back down and cross my arms. And just watch Kuroo block Tanaka and then spike a set from Suga. He turns to me all excited as I sulk. "DID YOU SEE THAT?!"

"Yeah it was great." I speak blandly and he chuckles at me.

That's my setter.

My setter's spiking for my boyfriend.

Whilst I'm not even allowed to pass a ball.

...

Great...

We finish practice a d decide to all go out for lunch without Ukai and I catch up to Kuroo and grab his hand as I go to whisper to him but he gets my hand off of his quickly and I look at him confused and very hurt.

But he doesn't even look at me and just keeps his head down.

What'd I do?

"Kuroo?" I speak quietly but he doesn't respond and I go quiet as a ball starts to form in my throat.

What'd I do?!

I follow behind everyone as we walk to a cafe and sit down next to Kuroo when he speaks. "I need to pee." I get out for him and he disappears into the bathroom.

Is that a cue for me to follow him?

But I don't want to be clingy.

It's the clingyness isn't it?

I'm being too clingy.

No it was last night.

I wasn't good enough and he's disappointed.

Oh no.

Disappointed.

Why's that such a trigger word for me?

Dissapointed...

"You okay Ki?" I turn to Suga and feel a tear run down my left cheek suddenly. "Oh- Yeah. It's fucking hay fever." I wipe the tear away before he hands me a hay fever tablet and I take it reluctantly. "Thanks..." Kuroo comes back and I feel a bit better, thinking he's going to sit next to me, but he sits on the opposite booth instead next to Nishinoya.