17

Please don't pass it to me. I'm feeling better but please don't pass it to me Yamaguchi.

But this would be perfect... The opposite team is only focusing on Kazuhito... They wouldn't be be expecting it... Okay. I want to try something...

We lose a point and I turn to the other and gather our team in a little circle. "Yamaguchi when you get the opportunity send the ball to the middle right of the net, two feet above it."

"Are you gonna hit it?"

"I'll try... Asahi you don't need to be fast you just need to calm down." He smiles and nods anxiously. "If you're calm it'll come to you like a moth to a flame."

"Thanks Oreki." He smiles and I give a reassuring smile before turning to the others. "And you're all doing great what the hell?" They chuckle and the teams mood immediately lightens before we all stand back up straight and get in position. We wait for the opposite team to serve and go figure it's a let serve. "Let serve! Move up!" But to my surprise and everyone else's Asahi dives for it and it flies to the air and away from Yamaguchi. I get ready anyway when I see him running for it and run to my spot just before I hear his squeaky trainers stop moving and jump. Just as I get to the peak of my jump I swing my arm and the ball somehow lands in front of my palm and slams into the opposite sides court.
(Pretend Yamaguchi is Kageyama and Oreki is Hinata. 3:54-4:10)

I stand there just as shocked as everyone else is before turning around and looking at Yamaguchi. "Good job."

"ME?! YOU WERE AMAZING!!"

"UH-"

"YEAH WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?!"-Coach-

"THAT WAS AMAZING OREKI!"-Hinata-

"akjegbieskjd"-Me-

The truth is I really don't know.

I just took a chance and I'm still shocked I even hit that...

I know Yamaguchi's thinking about tossing it to me again the chance he gets so whilst he's behind me I have my hand behind my back and point to Kazuhito then do a thumbs up. "Okay lets go!" I look at them get into position and turn back to the other team with an intimidating smirk.

I don't mean to be intimidating I'm just finally having fun for the first time in a while.

Kazu serves and Tsuki recieves it all wobbly but Hinata's reflexes and hunger for the ball give him an advantage as he sets to Nishi and Nishi hits it almost perfectly. It would have been perfect if he had hit it harder...

I think I'm getting the hang of this now. Finally.

I see the ball going to an area no one's at and finally move for the ball and receive it perfectly so it heads towards Yamaguchi. "Alright, Kazu-chan, we're counting on you!" He tosses it to the wrong direction by accident and his face says it all. The blockers that were getting ready stand there frozen because no one's over there. But I see a ball heading for empty air and my body moves before my brain can even think and Suga tries to block me as I jump in the air and hit the ball with no care in the world. Until I go flying into the barriers and then into the wall and end up upside-down with my back against the wall and my legs over my face.
(Suga is Kageyama. Oreki is Hinata. Watch fro 0:00-0:27.)

"Are you okay?!" Suga runs over and I difficulty roll over and stand up. "Was it in?!" He chuckles in disbelief and I look at him waiting for an answer. "You're worried about the ball being in the court when you just flew ten foot into a wall?"

"...Well yeah..." He chuckles and I smile anxiously before grabbing the ball and walking back over to the court. I walk over to Asahi and whisper next to him. "Was it in?" He chuckles and nods. "Yes it was in. Now you're up to serve!"

"Oh." I sound disgruntled and then smirk evilly as I walk over to the back of the court and chuckle evilly. "Oh yeah his serve." Coach Ukai watches closely as I throw the ball into the air and jump a bit too early and also swing too early. So early to the point the ball hits me on top of the head.

...

...

...

My face goes extremely red and I just stay there frozen as the others on my team try not to giggle and the other team laugh their asses off. "Try again Oreki!" I look at the coach with a look that scream 'Please don't make me' and he just gives me a death glare.

But I can't deal with that again so I turn to Kazuhito and go to hand him the ball when- "OREKI!" I jump out of my skin and nearly drop the ball and the others all stop laughing and giggling. "Try it again!!!"

I don't want to.

I don't want to please don't make me try it again.

They'll laugh again and you'll shout again and I hate shouting I can't handle it.

I walk over to my serving area and feel my heart thumping even faster in panic. I stand still and look down at the ball in my right hand with shaky breathing and my back to everyone else. "Come on!!" I squeeze my eyes shut at the coaches shout and feel tears come to my eyes. "You can do it Oreki!"

Hinata don't please-

"Yeah you can do it!!!"

Nishinoya-

"Don't worry if it drops again!" I slam the ball down and turn to the door before grabbing my bag and walking out as fast as possible. 

I can't do this. 

I can't.

First it was the being thrown into the deep end, then it was the laughing, then it was the shouting, now it's the babying and encouragement.

I shouldn't need encouraging!

I go back to my house and walk inside perfectly fine. But as soon as I lock the front door the waterworks come flooding and I do the walk of shame into my bedroom and hide under my duvet.