15

"Oreki- OREKI! HEY STOP WALKING!! STOP WALKING-! WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU'RE LEAVING THE CLUB?!! YOU LOVE VOLLEYBALL!! ARE YOU ASLEEP OR SOMETHING?!!" I get bombarded by Hinata and he starts tugging and pulling at my face. "HEY! HEY YOU CAN'T LEAVE! YOU'RE AMAZING! AND WE'VE ALL MISSED YOU! ARE YOU ASLEEP?! HELLOOOOO-!"

"Get off." I push him away and he stands there so frustrated his body is shaking.

" I push him away and he stands there so frustrated his body is shaking

"I'm not asleep. I just don't want to play."

"YOU HAVE TO!"

"Hinata have you ever flown before?"

"No but what does that have to do with anything-?" I lift him up and chuck him on Kageyama before walking outside and sitting on the giant fountain. I take out my laptop and start reading the news on everything I can and trying to find the location the women got killed but it's not out in the news yet.

I'll have to search through dads desk when I get there later.

I grab a breakfast bar from my bag and put my laptop back in my bag as I decide to go to the roof instead. I see Suga sitting down on a bench and walk over to him before sitting next to him and searching through my bag. "Sorry I took it, I didn't have anything warm other then my coat..." I hold his scarf out to him and he just smiles at me and shakes his head. "You keep it."

"I can buy another one?"

"No it's fine. I don't get that cold anymore anyway."

"Oh... Okay." I continue eating my breakfast bar and look up at the sky whilst awkward silence fills the air between us both. "Oreki. Why are you leaving?" I look at Suga and look into his eyes, not really sure of what to say because I don't want to lie to him, but I don't to tell him what happened either.

"Suga... I don't know what to tell anyone when they ask that. If I say the truth it'll cause more questions and drama and if I don't then I look like a heartless asshole that's just left cause why not."

"Then you need to make your mind up. Would you rather be asked more questions and be fussed over or be labelled as an asshole?" I sigh a little and look down at the floor. "Neither that's the problem..."

"You need to decide Ki." 

"Aahh." I flop my head on his lap and huff as I lay on my back and close my eyes so I don't have to see the piercing glare that I know is in his eyes. "I sprained my foot badly in the last match. When the ball hit my foot. Akihito knew I'd do that." His fingers tangle in my hair and the sudden touching makes me open my eyes. "Is it okay now?"

"...Nearly... The doctor said it would take a minimum of six weeks to heal..."

"But that's not why you're quitting is it?"

"Are we still friends?"

"What? Of course we are why would you ask that?" I just shrug and close my eyes again before mumbling quietly. "It just wouldn't have surprised me if you all hated me for ignoring you for five weeks."

"You can't get rid of us that easily Oreki." He smiles finally and I do too a tiny bit when he strokes my hair again. "So you're leaving the club because of something other then your foot. Which means it's because of someone. The obvious choice would be because Nishinoya's back and you feel like we don't need you anymore." My eyebrows crease a little. "So it is that. Mixed with... Akihito." I sigh and he frowns. "What happened when he followed after you?"

"Nothing I just..."

"So you don't love volleyball anymore?"

"No I do!" I sit up and look him directly in the eyes. "I'd never stop loving volleyball that's why I need to tell someone but I don't how to without sounding like a fucking oversensitive whimp." I look away from him and my eyes lock onto my ankle. "Did he threaten you?"

"...He said that he'd break both of my legs if I ever played another volleyball match."

"What?!"

"And then he pushed my head into the wall."

"You should have told one of us Oreki!"

"Why?! So you can fight him and so things won't be solved? He won't change, he can't be scared. I'm so fucking ridiculous. My dad made me take karate and kung fu lessons so I could protect myself and learn good principal but here I am letting someone do whatever they want to me."

"It doesn't matter whether he can't change or whether things won't truly be solved. If we knew we could've helped you and protected you."

"Oh yeah like a bunch of bodyguards following me around." I get up quickly and he grabs my wrist as he also gets up and turns me around to face him roughly. "No, like friends looking out for each other." I stay quiet and he lets go of my wrist finally only to grab my hand after he's grabbed his backpack and start taking me somewhere. "Where are we going?"

"To have lunch and practice with the guys because you're not leaving the club."

"But I-"

"No buts." I sigh and walk next to him before walking on the edge of a pathway by accident and hurting my ankle. I hop a little and bite my lips as the pain as I feel Sugs's grip on my hand get tighter. "Careful!"

"I-I am it's fine." He sighs and let's go of my hand once we're at the gym and I get Nishinoya in my face straight away.