63

"It'll heal before then!"

"It won't Ki I already spoke to the nurse and she-"

"I don't care what she says they're never good at their job they just so it as a scare tactic so that you buy more drugs from them. Like this doctor that would tell everyone they have cancer and would make then go through chemotherapy just so he could get paid more and because they were going bold the people thought they had it but they didn't! It'S a ClAsSiC cAsE oF-!"

"A classic case of I can't hide my files that well." I glare at dad no.1 and he sits forward as I angrily sip my smoothie he made me. "We can see just by looking at your ankle that she's telling the truth."

"Yes but the whole reason I was practising even harder was the this tournament!"

"But you've hurt your ankle and I'd you hurt it anymore then you might not be able to play volleyball at all!"-Ukai-

"But-!!"

"No buts Oreki. If your foot is healed and you're feeling okay in the day then m a y b e. But that's just a maybe because we don't want you to get a broken ankle again." I continue sipping the smoothie until it's all gone and dad replaces it with another one so I can stress sip that one. "I'm sorry Ki but I'd do the same for any of the others. Now let's eat before the food gets cold." Ukai and dad get up before laying out the food onto plates and I take my plate before disappearing into my bedroom and going on my ps4. My phone starts going off so I answer the video call and see Kuroo looking at me wirhba worried expression. "What's wrong? What happened?"

"I messed up my ankle too much." I just looks at me unimpressed and I frown as I start up Skyrim. "What happened?"

"Someone stepped on my foot and I passed out- And I'm not playing on the tournament and I wanna die- You going on Skyrim?" He just say anything and I groan annoyed as I flop back. "I know I know you told me that'd happen and blah blah blah I should've listened."

"Yup. But more importantly shouldn't you be focusing on healing your ankle, that way there might be a bigger chance of you playing on the spring tournament."

"Mm..."

"So how high was your reach Ki?"

"336 centimetres."

"What?! And you didn't tell me?!!"

"...It's not that big of a deal-"

"YES IT IS!!!" I chuckle anxiously as my phone falls off of the windowsill and put it on the bed facing me as I stay laid down. I sigh again and close my eyes. "...What you doing?"

"Even Tsukishima the lil poop got invited to a youth group." I fake cry as I roll off of the bed and faceplant the wooden floor. "I'm only eighteen can't they make an exception~? Why do I have to be so olldd- AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!" Kuroo jumps and then chuckles when dad pokes his head inside. "You okay?"

"WHY AM I SO OLD?!!!!"

"...I'll leave you to it." Kuroo laughs harder and I just sob dramatically into the floor. "You don't need to go to camp! HEY! PRETEND I JUST SLAPPED YOU!!"

"Ow." I speak blandly and he scoffs at me before I hear a bag come from his phone and look at the screen to him banging a pan with a wooden spoon. "Stop it that's loud."

"ARE YOU PAYING ATTENTION NOW?!"

"YES! STOP!"

"Good you old man." I pout and sit down on my bed with my phone facing me again and my legs crossed underneath me. "What'd you want demon?"

"TO TELL YOU TO STOP BEING A DUMBASS!! YOU'RE JUST GENUINELY NOT OLD!! IF YOU FEEL SO OLD THEN ILL GIVE YOU MASSAGES FROM NOW ON TO HELP WITH YOUR BONES BUT YOU'RE JUST N O T O L D."

"...But I am-"

"ARE NOT!"

"Am-"

"Are not."

"Am."

"...Are not-"

"Am-"

"YOU ARE NOT! I AM FLYING UP THERE!!"

"W H A T?"

"BYE I'M ON MY WAY!"

"WAIT KUROO WHAT-?!" He hangs up and I sit there shocked.

"Oh... He's coming to my house." I hop off of my bed quickly and hop over to the cost hangers. "Hey-!"-Samuel-

"WHERE ARE YOU GOING OREKI?!"-Ukai-

"...I-I was gonna go get some shopping cuz Kuroo's on his way here-"

"I'll give you a ride!"

"Stop using your coach voice indoors Keishin!" Ukai sulks at dads SHOIT and I chuckle as I hop out the door whilst putting on my coat. "LOADS OF ICE CREAM!"

"Bananas."

"AND STRAWBERRY MILK!"

"Orange juice." Samuel chuckles as Ukai shuts the door and I pout at Ukai. "Both. All of them. It's the weekend and I'm injured." I give him puppy eyes before he shoves me inside the car and I chuckle as I put on my seatbelt. "Hey you know those protein drinks you got a while ago?"

"Oh yeah. We're they okay?"

"I was gonna ask if we can get some more? :3" He chuckles at me and relaxes as he drives. "Of course."

I never thought I'd get engaged to a guy with a kid. But I'm glad all this happened the way it did... We're so close now, I really feel like he's my son...-Ukai's thoughts-

"Dad..."

"Mm?"

"Stop smiling you creep."

"W h A t?!"