10

I can't play against him.

I can't.

Just seeing him walk around a corridor right now after I used the bathroom has made my knees go weak.

I can't play against him!

But I'm on the start off team in the match against them.

I need to talk to the coach...

I look over to the coach who's sitting on the bench and stop warming up but instead wall over to him. "Coach?"

"Mm?"

"I think Nishinoya should be in my place..."

"How so?" I go quiet for a second before just coming right out with it. "I'll let the team down if I play."

"That's ridiculous Oreki you were amazing yesterday-!"-Takeda-

"Very well."-Coach-

"Huh?"-Takeda-

"Thank you..."-Me-

"Nishi you're in!" Nishi looks over confused and I just give a gentle smile before sitting in his spot on the bench whilst Takeda voices his confusion to the coach. "Why let him come out coach? He was amazing yesterday!"

"I know bit the problem is he's too scared to play properly. He's so worried for the others he looks like he's about to have a panic attack let alone being worried for himself. He's right, if he played he'd be giving the other team points. So until he calms down he's staying there." Takeda looks at me concerer as me and Akihito exchange a look. Him with a grin and me with a stone cold expression. He can tell he's done his job right just by my posture.
I watch closely as the match begins and to my surprise Nishi's struggling to keep up. He's missing all the serves over and over again. We're getting battered and none of us have even had a proper match yet. His serves aren't even the thing to worry about... The coach calls a timeout and I walk over to him as well. "Watch his feet. He uses his eyes to distract you. Wherever his feet are facing is where he's going to hit the ball." They all look at me a little shocked. "What else is there?"

"Uh h-he can't bounce... He has bad eyesight so if the ball is coming quick enough he won't be able to get it."

"So fast attacks are his weakness?" Hinata and kageyama smirk and I nod. "Oreki. I want you to play." I look at Nishinoya shocked and he looks at me sweating and exhausted. "I-I can't-"

"You're gonna have to!" An un-easy feeling spreads throughout me and I wish I could back down but I can't. I need to protect them. I can't let my parents see me whimp out. "We'll win this game! Now hands in!" We all do as the coach says and I look at everyone's hands to see they all put it on their dominant hands. We cheer our name before walking into the court again. I see Akihito is up to serve again and watch his feet closely before seeing it's coming straight for Daichi. I start running just before he hits the ball and it zooms straight for Daichi.

I know... I know that it's going to fall right there, but my legs won't move...-Daichi thoughts-

I dive for it and Daichi looks at me shocked as I block it straight away. "Oreki?!" Hinata jumps to block as Akihito jumps to spike and I watch closely before he spikes and I receive it perfectly but twist my body like a snake. Everybody looks shocked out of their minds and my team mates on the side line shouting my name from shock. I get up quickly and watch as Kageyama sets for Asahi and Asahi gets the point. "All right!!!"