14

"Ki wake up. We're home." I open my eyes straight away as he grabs my bags and I get out of the car slowly and then lean on my left foot and don't even have my right foot touching the floor. I noticeably limp but it doesn't matter right now because I'm following behind him not in front. "So how was living by yourself?" He turns around once we're inside and I put my foot down quickly and painfully walk over to my bags. "Overrated." He smiles as I grab my bags and drag them into my bedroom before I shut the door and lay down on my bed.

It hurts so badly I need to stop walking on it but that's not gonna happen any time soon.

I get up and get changed into my pj suit before grabbing my tablets I need to take and hoping dad doesn't notice the bandage wrapped around my foot.

But also deep down inside I hope he does notice because then it'll just get this out of the way and done with. 

I walk into the kitchen whilst trying to only put pressure on my left foot and grab a glass of water as dad watches me. Then turn to the counter top and put down the boxes of tablets. "What are those?"

"Ibuprofen and paracetamol..."

"...Why are you taking them?" He walks over and I just take them silently before walking over to my armchair and curling in a ball. "Your foot." He sighs and sits back down on the sofa. "When did it start hurting again?"

"WELL WHEN I BLOCKED THE BALL FROM HITTING THE GROUND AND THEN AKIHITO THREATENED ME AND THEN I WENT AWAY AND WENT TO A DOCTOR AND APPARENTLY I'VE GOT A GRADE 2 SPRAINED FOOT BUT IT'S FINE CUZ IT'S HEALING ANYWAY."

"A sprained foot-? AKIHITO THREATENED YOU?! WHEN?!"

"JUSTWHENILEFTTHESPORTSHALLTHAT'SALL."

"O R E K I."

"D A D."

"What did he say?!"

"N o t h i n g."

"You just said he threatened you."

"Yeah but it was nothing significant."

"If it wasn't you wouldn't have told me. Is it something to do with volleyball?"

"No it's to do with the laSt MaTcH."

"...What did he say to you? That you can't play volleyball again?"

"STOP INTERROGATING ME."

"Ki that's my job. As your parent you are allowed no secrets."

"Psh." I chuckle and he looks at me offended and shocked. "WHAT ARE YOU HIDING FROM ME?"

"Nothing. Anyway. It doesn't matter and it wasn't anything to do with volleyball it was just something to do with Akihito being Akihito. I'm going to bed I'll see you tomorrow."

"Okay and- Hey don't forget school tomorrow!"

"Mhm." I walk tiredly into my bedroom before flopping on my bed with my teddies and hiding under the duvet. 

I'd rather get the whole club thing over with now...

I'm never gonna be able to play with him after what Akihito said. And they don't need another libero.