19

"You're not my son anymore!! NOT ANYMORE!!"

"I-I just want to live with dad it's gonna be okay mum we can still hang out at the coffee house you like, like we used to? Right? Lets hang out tomorrow! I-I'll take practice off and we can go shopping for a new outfit for your interview and then go to the coffee house and-"

"I DON'T WANT TO GO SHOPPING WITH YOU! I DON'T WANT TO GO TO THE COFFEE HOUSE WITH YOU!! I NEVER WANT TO SEE YOUR LITTLE PATHETIC FACE EVER AGAIN!!!"

"Jun that's enough- JUN!!" She slaps me across the face and the tears I was trying so hard to fight back end up trickling down my face. Dad puts an arm in front of me and gently guides me behind him and I just look down at my shaky hands as I pick at my fingertips. "Leave. Now Jun. You do not slap our son- You don't ever hit him!! I knew you had fucking problems but I didn't know it was so bad that you'd abuse OUR ONLY SON!!!" He looks behind him when he feels something vibrating on his back and sees me hiding my face in his back and my hands shaking as I hold onto his blazer. "We're going home. So go away and STAY away." He turns around and I let go so I don't be seen and dad rubs my back gently as I hide in his chest. "Oreki it's okay..."

"I know~" I talk shakily and continue shivering as I try not to let myself cry. "Lets go home yeah? I'll give you some money and you can order a pizza for dinner later."

"C-can you not take tonight off?"

"...I'm sorry Oreki it's... It's not like that at my work I'm sorry... I'll try coming home earlier? And if you're still awake we can watch a movie and eat a bunch of ice cream like we used to yeah?" I nod a little even though I just feel worse and let go of him finally. He walks off with his left hand holding one end of the scarf and I trail behind him trying to dry my eyes. I hide in the back seat of the car and bury my face in Sugawara's scarf until we get home. And dad has to drop me off and not come inside. "Here's the money for dinner."

"Thanks..." I take the money and he looks into my exhausted eyes with a sad look in his. "Okay I'm not going to work."

"What?"

"I'm not leaving you alone after the giant frustrating day we've had. Come on lets go order some food-"

"N-no dad you've got work."

"Oreki I can say I was sick-"

"No dad- Work's more important. I'm fine I swear I'm just really tired. Plus I'd rather be alone because I've got a shit tun of homework to do-"

"Don't swear." I smile a little and he sighs. "Are you sure?"

"Yes I'm sure. I'm gonna go inside, have a nap, wake up, do my homework and order some pizza. I might go see a friend and do our homework together their anyway."

"You sure?"

"Yes! Now go to work." He sighs and I get out of the car. "I'll see you later."

"Okay I'll see you later."

"Bring home some strawberry and lime cider too!"

"Uh no." I smile and shut the car door before walking up to the house and doing exactly what I said I'd do. Minus the nap.