The Peculiar Boy

"This thing upon me howls like a beast."

~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~
(Harry's P.O.V.)

Another day. Same frowning faces that always seem to ignore me. Every time I walk out in the streets of Eroda, everyone seems to get away from me and no one wants to actually talk to me.

They don't even say "Hello!". That really sucks. Sometimes I hate that I'm different. Why me? Out of all people that live on this island, why did it have to be me?

My mom always told me that I should not complain that I'm unique, but sometimes I really get depressed because of it.

As I said, it's another day. Every single time I hope that today will be better and this is not an exeption. I woke up and got out on the streets.

I didn't see a minister today, so I guess that today will actually be better.

I went to buy some kiwis and watermeloms to eat, but the people that worked in the store never wanted to approach me. The cashier barely even looked at me as I went to pay for my fruits.

As I continued walking in the streets, I saw a familiar face. It was my old mate, Louis. I put on a smiley face and went to talk to him.

-Hi, mate!- I said. My smile shinier than ever.

-Hello to you too, but could you please not make me blind?- he asked.

Then I remembered that I was smiling the whole time. It is really annoying that I can't smile often, but Louis accepted me the way that I am and I am very grateful for it.

-Sorry, Tommo. I am just really glad to see you. I don't like seeing all those "Resting Fish Faces" that I don't recognise.

-It's alright, mate. I was just going to meet up with the other lads. You know, to hang out. I was wondering if you would like to come too.

-I'm afraid I can't, Lou. I need to take these fruits to my house and I haven't fed Anna yet.

-You really considered that fish your pet, haven't you?

-Yeah.

-But I really wish you could come, though. Who's going to tell Niall to not eat all the food if you're not there?

I chuckled. It is true. I'm the one who always tells Niall to not eat so much. It is not good for him. But I don't do it as much as Liam does. He is acting like the dad of our group. Always looking out for us.

After Louis and I talked, we went our separate ways. I got home and went to feed Anna. I think that she and the lads are the only people that really understand me here. They are all my friends.

I went to make a fruit sallad for myself and I realised I didn't buy strawberries. How could I forget? And what about bananas? I rushed outside to buy those. I kinda scared a few women in the streets. Judging by the way they dropped their umbrellas, I knew they were really afraid.

As I was walking home, I noticed a girl in the street that was looking my way. I turned around and saw a curly, brown headed girl with hazel eyes. She seemed like she was not from here, because she wasn't frowning, like everyone who is from here does.

I smiled at her with my mouth closed, because I didn't want to" blind" her, as Louis said. She smiled back and looked away.

I got home and finally made a perfect sallad. I couldn't stop thinking about that strange girl in the street. On the other hand, I shouldn't be the one to call her strange, because I am strange to other people too.

I also remember that I need to meet up with the lads soon, as I couldn't do it today.

_________________________________