Crawling

"I got splinters in my knuckles crawling cross the floor."

~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·

(Harry's P.O.V.)

I woke up from yet another dream that I couldn't remember for some strange reason. Why can't I just remember the movie that was playing in my mind not too long ago? What is wrong with my head?

I felt an amount of weight on my chest. I looked down and saw Emma resting her head on my chest with her beautiful eyes shut tightly. Her breathing was still very calm. She didn't wake up yet.

I must admit that she is beautiful when she is asleep. Well, she is also beautiful when she's awake...

You know what I mean.

I smiled as I watched her being snuggled into my chest. Her brown breathtaking locks were shining because of the sun that was coming through the window of her bedroom.

I am so happy that she is finally mine.

Her plump lips were open slightly as she let out small calm breaths. I kissed her forehead and decided not to get up. I'll let her sleep a bit more.

I could stare at her like this forever. I could literally look at this view of her for an eternity...and still not get bored of it.

She is the most beautiful woman my eyes have ever seen and I am really happy to have her in my life.

Let alone have her as my official girlfriend.

I started to stroke her soft hair. God she really is amazing.

I know that I am sounding too cheesy for my taste, but in my defence, you should really see her right now. If you could see her, you would know what I am talking about.

But all my happiness disappeared when my ears heard a loud knock on the bedroom door.

-Emma?

Oh god. It is her grandma! What do I do now?!

The knocks were getting even louder as the woman was calling out to her granddaughter. Actually, the sounds were so loud that Emma instantly jumped up in shock.

-What is going on?- she asked in her morning voice as her lost hazel eyes looked at the door and then at me.

-Your grandma is here. What do I do?- I whisper-shouted.

-Hide under my bed!- she said in realisation before I nodded my head and got myself on the floor.

I had no other choice but to crawl towards the space that was under the bed. My knuckles were pressed to the floor as I was moving my body in order to hide as fast as I can.

Emma was watching me hesitantly. She was waiting for me to hide before she can open the door for her grandma.

-Emma! Are you awake?! It is noon for goodness' sake!- the loud voice of an old woman was still heard from the other side of the wooden door.

That was my cue to try to crawl even faster. I was almost there.

Just a little bit more.

But then I felt pain all of a sudden. I looked at my fistis and saw my knuckles starting to bleed uncontrollably.

I tried to ignore my burning skin and despite all the struggles, I succeeded.

Finally.

Emma got up from the bed and walked quickly to the door before turning the handle and opening it.

I couldn't see anything from down here. I could only hear the sounds that could be heard in the room.

-Emma, why didn't you wake up yet?- the old woman asked in concern.

-I don't know. I guess I just...slept in a bit.- Emma answered. Judging by the tone of her soft beautiful voice I could tell that she was silently praying that her grandma doesn't get suspicious.

-Hmm...that is...unusual.- her grandmother responded.

-Anyway, I brought you breakfast in bed.- the woman said cheerfully. Ema and I both let out sighs of relief.

I could hear sandals clicking on the floor as the old lady walked to the bedside table and put Emma's breakfast on it.

-Uhm...can you bring me some more food, grandma? I am really hungry.- My love spoke hesitantly. Just by hearing her, I realised why she said that.

She wanted to have some food for me.

-Sure, Emma. I'll go cook some more right now.

And that was when the door closed with a loud thud.

-Shh! Harry! You can come out now.- Emma whisper-shouted.

I crawled from under the bed and stood up to face her. I started to examine her features. As I said, I couldn't get bored of her face.

She was looking at me as well. Her eyes were filled with nothing but loveliness and warmth. The warmth that I became so familiar with.

But suddenly, her gaze concentrated on something below my face and a loud gasp escaped her lips.

-What's the matter, love?- I asked.

-H-harry, you are b-bleeding!- she stuttered in shock.

I looked down at my fists and...yeah my knuckles were still fully covered in fresh blood.

-Oh, it's nothing.- I spoke, trying to calm her down by saying that I am okay.

-No, Harry, it isn't! Let me see if i can find some bandages.

Then she started pacing back and forth around the room, looking for bandages that she mentioned. Her eyes were open wide as she searched through all the drawers and shelves, until she pulled out a package of first aid kit.

-Sit down.- she ordered and I obeyes her by slowly sitting down on her comfortable bed.

She took a piece of cotton and applied some liquid to it before  putting it on my burning knuckles, making me whimper in sudden pain.

-Shh. It's okay. It will stop hurting, I promise.- she reassured me.

I gritted my teeth while my eyes followed her every move. She took out some bandages and applied an amount to my knuckles before closing the package.

-Okay. This will help.- she finally said and smiled slightly. I returned a smile before putting my head down on a pillow.

Emma chuckled and layed down on my chest.

-Did you hurt your fists when you were crawling?- she asked.

-Yes.

-Well, I hope your hands heal soon.

-Me too.- I said before comfortable silence started to fill the room.

After a few minutes, I decided to break it.

-Love, I need to tell you something.

She hummed and waited for me to continue.

-I had another dream that I can't remember.

_______________________________