The New Girl

" I've got a good feeling. I'm just taking it all in."

~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·

(Emma's P.O.V.)

I just traveled to Eroda yesterday. The village doesn't seem so bad, but everyone is frowning and I don't know why.

I traveled here to live with my grandma, since my parents passed away. Even though I'm 25, my parents wanted me to be with my grandma when they passed away.

When I think about it, it seems like I should look after grandma too because she is very old and I should be there to help her.

Today, I went to buy some groceries. Grandma made a list of things I should buy and I went out to buy them.

No one seemed friendly in this village. I found that really strange. Grandma told me that I should get used to it and that I shouldn't smile at anyone. I am very upset about the rules that I already have to follow.

I went to buy some bread in the street, when I saw a guy passing by me. He was tall and had curly hair and green eyes.

He was carrying fruits and wore a dark blue coat, black pants and....chelsea boots? I noticed that he had a lot of tatoos and that his nails were painted. He seemed very interesting.

He noticed me staring and started looking at me. He smiled at me. I guess that not everyone here is frowning. I fought the urge to smile back, because of what my grandma told me.

But the urge was stronger and I smiled with my mouth closed. Then I looked away. I started to blush slightly. He seemed very nice.

After I bought everything I needed, I went back to grandma's place.

-Oh thank you, dear.- She said. I thought that she would smile, but then I remembered that everyone here needs to frown all the time.

-You're welcome, grandma.

She nodded her head and we sat in the living room in silence. I, once again, started finding it strange that the guy I saw in the street smiled, when everyone else was frowning, like grandma said. I decided to ask her about it:

-Grandma?

She looked up at me, expecting me to say something.

-I saw this guy in the street as I was buying the groceries...and he was smiling...

After I said those words, she looked at me as if she saw a ghost. I thought that she would say something, but she didn't so I thought I should continue:

-Why was he smiling if you said that everyone here is frowning?

She waited a while before she spoke:
-Stay away from him.

-Why? Who is he?

-He is a boy named Harry Styles. He is the only one in the village who is smiling and if he smiles at you and you look at his smile, you are going to end up blind.

-Why? It's not like his smile is so shiny, or something...- I stopped talking as I saw that grandma was nodding her head.

-He has a very shiny smile. Everyone in the village is staying away from him. I hate to say it, but I think that everyone started to hate him.

I was in shock. Poor Harry. Everyone hates him because he is different? How cruel can this world be? I started to feel really bad. After an uncomfortable silence, grandma spoke:

-I think that you should get some fresh air.

I had no choice but to obey her. I grabbed my guitar and notebook and went outside. Suddenly, I bumped into two guys and dropped my notebook.

-Oh! We're really sorry, Miss.- one of them said.

-It's okay. Are you both alright?- I asked.

-Yes, but my hamburger isn't.- the other voice said.

I looked up and indeed saw two guys looking at me. One of them had dark brown hair and brown eyes and the other one had blonde hair and blue eyes. The brown haired guy had tatoos, while the blonde haired one didn't.

-So..what is a lady like you doing here alone?- the blonde guy asked.

-I just went out to get some fresh air.

-Niall! Where are our manners? Excuse us, Miss. My name is Liam and this is Niall.- he pointed at the blond haired guy. I shook his hand:

-I'm Emma.

-Nice to meet ya!- Niall said.

-You too.

-I haven't noticed you in the isle of Eroda before. You don't seem...familliar.- Liam said.

-Oh. I actually moved from London. I arrived here yesterday.

We talked a bit and then we went our separate ways.

I started looking for a quiet place where I can sit. I found the beach with a bench on it. I sat and started playing my guitar.

After a few minutes of playing, I heard a deep male voice with a thick British accent saying:

-That melody is very beautiful.

I froze and looked at the boy that said that. I couldn't believe it. It was...

__________________________________

A/N: Woah! Who do you think it was?

Vote and comment!

All the love,

ElenaKostic xx