The Story (Part 4)

"Sunflowers just die."

~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·

5th Flashback

21. 06. 2004

Right when Anne spoke those hurtful words that meant literally nothing to me, I heard a loud gasp coming from the entrance of the room.

That gasp sounded so familiar and pure I got so bloody terrified. I knew exactly who it belonged to. I was afraid to look at the person right in the eyes.

Still, I gathered enough strength to do it and just when I saw who it was, my body became even more numb.

Sarah.

She stood in the wooden doorway with her palm tightly pressed to her chest. She was breathing heavily and her eyes burned right into mine.

They were full of shock and hatred.

At that very moment I did not see the same Sarah who has been beside me through all these years we have been together. This was a new version of her, just like I am the new version of my own self now.

Her brows furrowed as she only looked at me. I am pretty sure that she did not even see that Anne was standing in the room as well.

-Sarah, for how long have you been standing there?- Anne asked her in a quiet voice full of shame.

-Long enough to know that my own husband is a dirty psychopath! I cannot believe that you killed Des!- She screamed in my face.

I really did not know what to say. She had every single right to be mad at me. Her heart even had the rights to hate me in any possible way. I know exactly what kind of a person I have become and I do not like it at all, so why should Sarah?

-You, the father of our two children, have killed your best friend and wanted to abuse this poor woman in here because she wanted to do the right thing and tell the police about what you did!- Her loud voice echoed through the space. I swallowed a lump in my throat as both women stared at me without having amything to say.

Sarah did not even blink before starting to shake her head in pure anger and disappoint. She took a step away from me as if she was afraid of me all of a sudden.

Her hand reached over to the other one before her fingers held onto her wedding ring that I proposed to her with.

I saw that tears were welling up in her eyes as she continued to shake her head. She took of her ring and immediately threw it on the floor.

-Sarah, what are you doing?- Anne and I asked her in unison. Her face got bright red and she started to cry silently.

-I am so sick and tired of you, Bill. I can't take it anymore! I... I have to leave you. I do not have any other choice.

I widened my eyes at her reply and suddenly felt my own heart starting to ache after so long. It was not a typical ache. It was the kind that could kill you on the spot, but somehow I still managed to stay alive.

-You... Darling, you can't do this!- I yelled at her as a lump formed in my throat and I knew that I will start to cry any second.

-Watch me!- She screamed before running out of the room with her face in her hands. I heard her cries and the sounds of the front door of the house opening and closing. Right after that, there was nothing but silence.

-I hate to say this, but I am so sorry for you, Bill. I really am.- Anne said before taking a few steps back and leaving the room as well.

I sat back onto the bed and put my head in my hands. Tears streamed down my face and I took deep shaking breaths of sadness.

The love of my life left me alone and now I have no one except for my kids. How am I going to be able to raise them without Sarah? She was the only person who could handle that. She has always been good with children while I was the complete opposite of that.

My soul broke as I saw her leave. I could not believe that she actually decided to leave me all alone. I thought that it was all a dream and that I was supposed to wake up soon, but that just did not happen.

This was all reality.

I cried and cried for a very long time in that room. Seems like Anne decided to leave me alone to sort out my broken thoughts and feelings.

How can I move on from this when I am just a simple dirty alcoholic and drug addict who was just left by the love of his miserable life?

I have to think about Emma and Cameron. They both are great kids and they do not deserve to have me as their father. But I still have to think of something. I need to make life easier for them.

They deserve nothing but to be completely happy with who they are and what kind of life they both are living.

I do not deserve them. I do not deserce Sarah. I do not deserve anything happy that this life can give to me. Maybe I should just forget about life anyway.

But then again, my loved ones still need me to find some kind of solution that will be the best one for everybody. I need to make a plan that will not leave anyone hurting and aching except me, because pain is what I truly deserve.

I will try to move on, but I know that it will be hard. I need to figure out how to tell this to Emma and Cameon. They will probably be completely broken. I will hear their crying during day and night, but they both deserve to know the truth.

Everyone deserves the best except me.

____________________________

A/N: Wow! This was unexpected, right?

So do you guys think that Sarah made the right desicion when she left Bill?

What will happen to these two families now?

Wait for the update to find out!

All the love,

ElenaKostic xx