Surprise

"You don't have to say you're mine."

~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·

(Emma's P.O.V.)

What I saw completely made my heart melt! The room was completely empty except for a small dining table. It had small candles on it and sunflowers, my favourite flowers! There were two plates on each side of the table and there were also glasses, forks and knives.

-Harry, this is wonderful! Thank you so much!- I exclaimed as I got closer to the table.

-Well, we never got to go on a real date, so I wanted to do something about it for your birthday. Hope you like it.- he spoke sweetly.

-Of course I like it! I love it! Thank you so much!- I exclaimed before kissing his lips quickly.

-No problem, love. Anything for you. Now sit. We have something special to eat.- he told me as we pulled away. He went to hold out a chair for me. I thanked him and slowly sat down before examining the view in front of me.

Right in front of me there was a big chocolate cake that stood in the very middle of the table. He made this for me?

-A cake? Are you serious?- I asked as I let out a slight chuckle.

-As I said, anything for you.

-You are seriously crazy, Mr. Styles.- I told him with a big smile spread across my face.

-Yeah, I am aware of that, but you still love me.- he said, making it sound like a question.

-Of course I do.- I assured him as I reached to hold his hand. He took my hand as well and we just sat there, staring into each other's eyes.

-So, let's dig in!- Harry announced after a few moments of comfortable silence.

As soon as I put the first piece of cake in my mouth, I realised that it tasted just as good as it looked. Maybe even better.

-Wow, Harry. This is delicious.- I said.

-Thank you, love. To be honest, I really thought that you were not going to like it. I know that I am good at cooking, but this cake was very important to me.- he replied to my compliment.

Just then, his eyes widened like realisation suddenly hit him. Did he forget something? What could possibly be the next thing that he planned out?

-Excuse me, love.- he said before getting up from his seat. He kissed my lips before passing me by and going to the bathroom.

(Louis' P.O.V.)

-Where on Earth could they be? Harry told you that he will call us when we are suppossed to walk in, right?- I heard Liam asking from behind me.

We were all standing in a row, waiting for Harry to give us a sign to come in and surprise Emma. I remember him coming to my place really early in the morning with his grandma costume on and asking me if I could tell the other boys for Emma's birthday and how we should surprise her.

-Yeah, he did say that. I don't know where he is. He should show up soon.- I assured him, but honestly, I was getting bored as well.

-Well he better come soon. I really need to go to the bathroom and these drinks that are right under my nose are not helping.- Niall spoke up while he held a giant bucket full of ice cubes and bottles of drinks inside of them.

I just rolled my eyes at his comment. We were all having those silly birthday hats on our heads with strings attached to our chins. My hat is really starting to piss me off. It is seriously itching and making me feel uncomfortable.

Fuck, Harry, just open this stupid back door and tell us to come in already.

-Well, Niall, I am having the complete opposite problem. I need to drink some water already or I will die! Can I take some of that water right there?- Zayn asked while pointing at Niall's cold bucket full of drinks.

-No way! We will not drink any of these until Emma drinks them first. She is the birthday girl today.- Liam replied instead of Niall.

-But Liam, I can't handle this anymore!- Zayn whined like a five year old child.

-If you really want it, you can get an ice cube.- I told him before taking out a cube and handing it to him. He looked at me with an annoyed look before speaking up.

-That won't help, Louis!- he told me.

-Actually, it will. Just put that cube under all those clothes that you are wearing and it will melt in no time. You will get your water.- Niall said before him and Liam started to laugh uncontrollably.

-Hey! Stop it! It's a cold day, if you didn't notice already.- Zayn told them off before crossing his arms and turning his head away from them while they just couldn't stop laughing.

Suddenly, I saw the bathroom window open. It was right next to the back entrance we all stood in front of. Just as the glass opened, I heard that all too familiar deep and raspy voice speak up.

-Guys, stop fighting! We don't want Emma to get suspicious now, do we?- he whisper-shouted. We all cleared our throats and agreed with him.

-You think I was the one to start the fight? These three just won't shut up!- I replied. Harry just rolled his eyes and gestured for us to come inside.

We kept walking on our toes and being as silent as we were able to be at that moment. We hid behind the door that led to the big living room and saw Emma sitting at a small dining table, being all alone. She was probably waiting for Harry to come back.

-Let's go.- Harry whispered and we all nodded our heads before he quietly opened the door.

-Harry?- I heard Emma's voice call his name.

Just then we all jumped inside and screamed.

-SURPRISE!

Emma's eyes widened and her jaw dropped. Her lips formed a bright smile as she saw us.

-Wow! Guys, did you plan all of this for me?- she asked, still being in shock.

-Of course we did, Em. You really thought we would forget your special day?- Niall asked her and she let out a short laugh.

-So...let's celebrate!- Liam spoke as he opened a bottle of wine.

-Finally!- Zayn let out as he grabbed the bottle and drank a ridiculous amount of wine.

-Woah, mate. Don't get drunk so fast. You already know that I am always the first one to get drunk. I want it to stay that way.- I said before hearing everyone else laugh at my words.

-Finally!- Niall also said before putting the drinks down and running towards the bathroom.

-So...shall we eat?- Harry asked and we all agreed with him before taking a chair for us and sitting down at the dining table.

______________________________________