The Story (Part 11)

"I'm just an arrogant son of a bitch."

~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~~··~~·~·~·~·~·

12th Flashback

27. 12. 2019.

(Bill's P.O.V.)

-Davids!!!- the loud and deep voice echoed through my ears while I sat at my desk in the office. My eyes were dragged away from the bright laptop screen that made my head ache but needed to be looked at by me. It was because the door that stood in front of me flew wide open and almost got broken by the person who opened it.

I held a monotone expression when I saw Grayson standing in the doorway. His face was deep red from anger and crying while tears were completely covering it. His eyes were bloodshot red as well as his hands that were completely covered in literal blood. The veins of his neck were pulsing like they were about to break through his burning skin in no time.

-What are you doing here?- I asked him. His appearance did not seem that shocking to me. It really was none of my business to know why he was looking like that and shouting my name in a manner that I did not like at all.

-M-My w-wife...- his voice drifted off as he suddenly lost the ability to speak. His blood covered hands were shaking as he was slowly coming closer and closer to my desk. He formed fists with his hands and slammed them on the wooden surface, leaving dark red marks as he removed them.

-What about her?- I continued to question him. I did not know the real reason behind his sudden actions. Why did he go nuts all of a sudden? Did he take drugs for the first time in his life? It would not surprise me at all.

-S-She...- he stuttered again. I was honestly starting to lose every single part of patience that I had inside of me. I did not have time for his stupid reactions.

-Say it, Grayson!- my voice screamed while I was looking into his eyes that burned with flames of fear, anger, sadness, anxiety and hatred.

-S-She was m-murdered....- he let his voice drift off one more time as I watched him completely drop to his knees while still looking at me with another waterfall of tears forming in his wild eyes.

I was silent for a few moments. I could not take my eyes off of his shattered self. It was not because I cared, because I hated her anyway. I was just finding it offensive to just jump inside of my office like that to just tell me that someone has been murdered.

Loud and shaky sobs were escaping his mouth as his lower lip was shaking. When a few moments passed, he wanted to cover his upset face by dropping his head into his bloody hands.

-Why the fuck are you telling me this?!- I snapped at him. My body felt like throwing everything my hands could pick up at him because he caused such a scene to happen in the big room. Why should I care if someone he knew has died? That should be the last thing I wanted to think about anyway.

-Because you fucking killed her, you son of a bitch!- he finally screamed without any stuttering. My eyes did not want to go wide, but they still did a little bit. Was that what happened at 3am when I was unconsciously walking while being heavily intoxicated? Nice job, Davids.

-What do you think you are talking about? I do not remember killing her!- I shouted and he widened his eyes as they focused on mine. I got up from my chair and wanted to walk closer to where he was, still on his knees.

-Oh really?! Then explain this!- Grayson demanded before pulling out something out of the pocket of the light brown leather jacket he was wearing. I stared at the small object, trying my best to process what it was in my drunken state.

He was holding a knife that was covered in blood.

-How did you just happen to know that it could be mine?- I asked, demanding for some kind of proof. There was a slight chance that it was me, but I still wanted to make sure.

-Because it has the fucking company logo on it!- he yelled and showed me where the logo was on the knife. It was indeed the logo of the company. I reached for my black leather bag as fast as I could before opening it wide. Apart from all of the paperwork that I carried, the bag was filled with different kinds of weapons that I needed.

I opened the part of the bag where I kept my knives and saw that...one of them was missing.

-Give that to me!- I told him before harshly grabbing the knife from his hand. I placed it on the space where it was supposed to fit if it was mine and...it fit like a glove.

-I did kill her...- this time it was my own voice to drift off, which was strange, considering the fact that I never actually did that.
-Yes you did, you psychopath!- Grayson said to me.

I did not waste any more time. I grabbed him by his wrists and picked him up from his crouched position. My hands pushed him to walk backwards against his own will before his back hit the office wall.

-Did you call the police?- I asked throygh gritted teeth. He just looked at me with wide eyes and I pressed one of my hands to his neck in order to choke him.

-Did. You. Call. The. Police?!- I screamed and he immediately shook his head, completely terrified.
-Did Emma see you like this or your fucking dead wife?!- I asked another question and his eyes started to have more calm and confident look inside of them.

-Why would you care about that?- he responded ny another question, which made me tighten my grip around his throat even more.
-Answer my question!- my voice shouted and he nodded with wide eyes once again.

-She did not. She is still asleep because she does not work today.- his answer was probably true because it was still pretty early in the morning. I let out a deep breath and hanged my head down for a little while as my grips around his neck and wrist disappeared and I let him go.

He just stood there before speaking up with full confidence in his tone.
-I am calling the police!
-No, you are not!- I told him as I pinned him against the wall surface once again.

-Why would I listen to you and do as you say?! You killed my wife!- Grayson asked and I felt one half of my mouth twitching up to form a smirk.

-Because you need a job and I can give you one.

______________________________