The Picnic

"You're all my heart ever talks about."

~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~

(Emma's P.O.V.)

-Do you really need to go?- he asked me with worry in his honest and beautiful emerald eyes.

-Sorry, Harry. I really need to go. I almost never get to be with my grandma these days. I can't help but feel bad because I never find the time to talk to her properly. I am really sorry, baby. I know how hard it is to be alone here and hide by yourself.- I said as I held his hands in mine and looked him in the eyes.

It took him a few seconds, but soon he nodded hesitantly and pulled me in for a hug. His strong tattoed arms hugged my body perfectly as I closed my eyes and took in the smell of his perfume.

-You know, even if it will be only for today, I am going to miss you.- he whispered sweetly into my ear.

-I am going to miss you too. But I promise you that I will be back in no time, okay?- I said as I pulled away from his grip that felt so safe.

-Okay. I will count the seconds.

-I know you will, Harry.

And right after I said that, my lips molded with his and my fingers got tangled in his perfect curls. This moment felt so perfect. There is nothing I would want more than to feel his lips on mine for the rest of my life, but I know that something like that is completely impossible.

And of course, this moment right now needed to be interrupted.

-Emma, dear, are you ready?- I heard my grandma calling me from downstairs.

-Yes! I will be down in a minute!- I shouted back before turning around and heading towards the door, ready to exit the room. But before my hand turned the handle, I turned around and gave Harry a cheeky wink.

He let out a quiet chuckle and I finally walked outside and closed the door behind me tightly. Since I don't have a key to lock my room, I always make sure to close it as tightly as I can.

-Are you finally ready?- grandma asked as she stood at the bottom of the stairs while I walked down quickly and put the backpack on my shoulder.

-Yep. Let's go.- I exclaimed.

Grandma put on a smile on her face before she started walking towards the front door.

Right before she could open the door that is who knows how old, the telephone from the middle ages that she had started ringing through the room. It was a typical old telephone you could find in a house where a grandma lives.

She got to the coffee table where the telephone was and picked up.

-Hello?- her voice echoed through the room. Then silence appeared as she was listening to the person on the other line.

After a few seconds, her eyes concentrated on me as she was still holding the telephone tightly pressed to her ear. I was just standing there and being dumbfounded. Who on Earth is on the other line? I am asking that because I am noticing that Grandma is having a worried look in her eyes.

-Wait a second... Emma, could you check the basket in the kitchen and see if we packed all the food for the picnic?

I nodded my head and went to do what she told me. I walked inside a bright room, searching for a picnic basket. I spotted it on the counter and rushed to open it.

As I was checking if we packed everything, I couldn't help but hear what grandma was saying. I mean, I do have ears, right? Why not use them?

-No. Please come and deactivate that somehow. I am sure that it is not the case. No, she would never lie to me. She is a nice young woman. I cannot take this anymore. You cannot be in contact with me. This needs to stop.