He Went Away (Epilogue)

"Like it's the only thing I'll ever do."

~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·

(Writer's P.O.V.)

There she was, standing on the old wooden dock that she was already standing on, but for different reasons.

Her soul was aching and the ridiculous amount of tears was streaming down her face. She totally understood his decision, but she also knew that he did not know the truth. She loved the fact that he entered her life and despite all the struggles that they faced together, she still loved him...too much to let him go.

She watched the small boat and him standing on it, not even recognising her from the giant amounts of people that came to watch him go away, because he was the one who saved Eroda with nothing but kindness.

The water was moving calmly and the waves were crashing to the shore, making the sounds of water echo through everyone's ears. She held something in both of her hands. It was a paper from his journal that he told her to keep as a memory of him...of them.

Behind her stood four lads. They all held her by the shoulders and were gently patting her back as a friendly gesture. They tried to make her feel better about this horrible day.

She watched his every movement that was able to appear in her glossy and foggy vision. He took one of the jars that were laying on the boat, right next to his journal. His hand easily opened the jar and he pointed it in the distance. The sound that was heard made her eyes go wide.

It was a scream. His scream.

Just when the sound stopped itself from being heard, the small boat finally started to move...and he sailed away.

That was when she realised what he was doing and why he wanted to use those jars. He used his pain to move forward and see what the future holds for him.

He went away.

~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·

"The Boy decided to find out
What other wonders awaited
him in the world. However,
he sailed on an odd numbered day,
which caused everyone in town
to lose their hair.
But that's another story..."

      ----------------THE END---------------