Let Go

"I don't know where you're laying. Just know it's not with me."

~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·

(Harry's P.O.V.)

I really appreciated the fact that all those people started to try and help me with carrying Anna to the beach.

-May we carry the fish, Mr. Styles?- I heard a woman suddenly ask me.

-Yes, please. Can you help me to carry it to the Bench Beach?- I spoke to all of them and they nodded their heads in response.

Everyone, all the men, women and children that saw me in the street started to pick up the giant fish in order to finally start to carry her.

Suddenly, I heard a male voice shouting because he wanted all of us to hear him clearly.

-Wait! I have a better plan!- He yelled and his words caught everyone's attention, including mine.

A few moments later, my eyes saw an old fisherman running towards us with a very big fishnet in his hands. We helped him put Anna inside of it and we started to pull her around the streets.

I kept looking at the kind fisherman that decided to help all of us. He seemed really familiar to me from somewhere. I just could not realise when and where did I last see him.

That was when something clicked in my mind. I finally remembered.

-Wait, is that you, Mr. Backster?- I asked him and he looked at me with wide eyes.

-Well, is that you, Harry?- He asked me in return.

-Who else would it be?- I spole and we both dropped the net before going to hug each other. I really missed that man.

Since he was Carol's husband, I saw him very often in "The Resting Fish Face". That was how we met and since we became close, we went fishing together all the time. I really haven't seen him in ages. The last time we saw each other was when he was about to leave on his fishing trip around the Pacific Ocean.

-I missed you, my boy.- He told me while stroking my hair in quick movements just like he used to in the old times.

-I missed you too, David.- I exclaimed happily.

-Have you seen Carol today? She told me that she missed you a lot.- He asked me and I nodded my head.

-Alright. Let's contimue to jelp these people pull her.- I said as I went back to pull the fishnet.

-Wait, is that Anna?- He spoke in surprise and I confirmed his words.

-Wow. She has really grown. I knew that Erodian Gildfishes grow a lot but she really started to grow quickly.- He commented.

-Well, that is probably because she is about to give birth soon. That is why I am leaving her where I found her a long time ago.- I said and David pated my back in reassurance.

-It's alright. I got over it.- I told him and he nodded before winking at me.

So, we finally started to pull Anna once again. It was a really long way, so the people started making conversations that lasted a lot longer than anyone could ever expect.

-We haven't seen a minister in te morning for a while now. It seems like nothing bad will ever happen in here.- I heard a blonde man with a ponytail speaking up. His blue eyes gazed between Anna, the people and the place we were going towards.

-Well, I know the reason why there was no minister coming in the mornings. We are getting married soon.- I heard a young woman next to him say as she rested her head on his shoulder and continued to pull the net with him.

It was weird to hear people say such happy things with deep frowns written across their faces. I was always wondering why people were never happy here. Well, until Carol told me that it was all because of Erodian magic.

Soon enough, we came to the Bench Beach. We ended up pulling Anna on the dock in order to get her on the edge of it and push her in the sea.

After a few minutes of walking on the dock, we finally came to the edge and everyone dropped the net at the exact same time.

I got Anna out of the net before kneeling down in front of her, ready to say my final goodbye to her. Everyone else stood behind me on the dock and they were being completely silent.

I let out a deep sigh before looking directly into her eyes.

-Hi there, my friend. Well, looks like you have to leave. For good.- I suddenly stopped myself as I shook my head.

-I don't know how to thank you for all the happiness that you have brought me for just being there with me and letting me take care of you for such a long time. You really were an amazing friend and now you are going to be an amazing mummy. Take good care of your babies. I am really going to miss you.- I said all that in one single breath before taking a pause that seemed really long.

My head started to spin and my heart was beating really fast, but somehow I still knew that I seriously needed to do this. There is no other way to make a decision.

-Goodbye.- I breathed before taking all my strength to push Anna in the sea.

Still, I felt like I was not completely ready to do that. I knew that it was just a simple movement that my arms had to make, but that simple movement actually meant so much.

I took a deep breath and looked at Anna one last time. I noticed that her mouth started to move. It seemed like she wanted to speak, but unfortunately, she was just not made for speaking like us humans.

Suddenly, her mouth formed a strange shape that I never saw on her face before. Did she...

Did she smile?

I smiled back at her before closing my eyes as my arms decided to finally push her into the ocean.

My heart knew exactly what time it was.

It was time to let go.

~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~

"At that moment, with the entire town united in putting a fish back into the ocean, the clouds broke. The sun shined down on the isle of Eroda, melting every frown into the unmistakable shape of a whale's tale..."

__________________________________

A/N: At the end we have the amazing Rosalia speaking again. Hope you remember it from the mv!

Btw, shit is about to go down in the next chapters. Soooooo be prepared!!!

All the love,

ElenaKostic xx