The Story (Part 7)

"I don't want to sleep in the dirt."

~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·

8th Flashback

06. 02. 2005.

(Bill's P.O.V.)

It has been five days since I erased Emma's memory. Michael told me that people whose memory gets erased are unconscious for at least a week, which means that I need to find a family to adopt her really fast.

I was hesitating with deleting Cameron's memory and I do not even know why. I guess I have been feeling guilty for having to do that immediately, so I waited for these five days.

But today I knew that I needed to do it. It is for Cameron's own good. I need to understand that and be strong enough to do this to him.

I guess I was specifically emotionally connected to my son. I remembered how I have always talked about the fact that I wanted to have a son of my own so badly. I was over the moon when I heard that my second child was going to be a boy.

Even though I knew that this was the right thing to do, I was still afraid of letting go of my son. My mind kept telling me that I needed to get over it and I tried to listen. I tried so hard, but it just won't work.

Right now I was making my way over to my company to fix those robbery issues Michael talked about before. It was really late at night, so Cameron was asleep.

During these five days he refused to even look at me. His little body was always flinching away from my touch and every time I tried to speak to him, he pretended like he did not hear me. Like I was not there.

I must admit that his actions hurt me a little bit, but as the days flew by, I started to feel less and less pain than before.

I have really became heartless.

I opened the door of the company and saw every single evil man who worked here, sitting at a big table and discussing a lot of stuff.

-Gentlemen.- I spoke and suddenly everyone's stare was turned to me. They all cleared their throats and pointed at the seat that was at the very top of the table.

I walked over to the black leather chair and sat on it before looking at everyone individually. Michael was sitting right next to me to my left and his drunken smile was clearly evident.

-So, what are those money problems I have heard about?- I asked and they all stared down at the table surface that was in front of them. No one was saying a single word.

-Bill, can you come with me for a second? I want to talk to you in private.- Michael told me and I nodded before getting up from my seat at the same time as him.

Together we walked out of the room and intothe office that is supposed to be mine. I still did not put some of my stuff in it. There is only a desk and a chair behind it.

As we walked in, Parks closed the door and turned to me. My back was facing the desk and I leaned on it while looking at him in confusion.

-What is going on, Michael?- I decided to ask the first question. He looked at me with a serious expression before starting to speak.

-Are you seriously looking for a family to adopt your silly daughter?- He replied to my question with yet another question. That was the thing he always used to do even though he knew it annoyed me a lot.