The Story (Part 10)

"I'm going out."

~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·

11th Flashback

27. 12. 2019.

(Bill's P.O.V.)

I was laying in my bed at 2:30am sharp. My back was pressed against the bed surface that was covered in dirty sheets which were not washed for who knows how long. Next to me laid yet another empty bottle of whisky that I drank tonight. My vision became more and more blurry and foggy by the second, but I was not allowing myself to sleep.

I only wanted to think.

I thought about the visit that I paid a few hours ago. The fact that I was drunk was making my thoughts feel a little dizzy inside of my head, but I could still think about them and picture everything in my mind.

The only thing that I was focused on whule my vision concentrated on the ceiling above my body was my daughter. Well, maybe I should not call her that anymore because I am not her father. Grayson is.

Speaking of their family, his wife was being really rude towards me. I could not take it. It was not just the fact that she spoke to me rudely today. She has been like that for years. Her irritating self was one of the things that could make me go insanely mad in a matter of seconds.

Grayson was one of my best employees while he was a part of the company. He would do the most jobs the other people could not. The business was at its highest success while he was there. But, it all needed to change when his whiney wife admitted that she did not want her husband to be a "bad person" and to "rot with all the otherpeople who wer already rotten". I knew that she was no good ever since she spoke her first word to me. That woman wanted to ruin me like it was her only goal in life.

Because of her husband not working for me, I had to lose my mind every single day because I was expecting of others to do the same things he did, but that just was not happening. Everyone was being completely pathetic.

When I brought Emma to their place in order to let them adopt her, Grayson told me that he was struggling with finding his new job and I had a very strong feeling that he was still not working still to this day. Every important piece of my success was almost completely gone because of that simple woman.

After my own wife left me, I realised how disgusting women can be. Their beings are just not compatible with men in most cases and I did not like it at all. They are whiny, nosy and annoying, which is the most messed up combination you can expect from anyone.

I could not think about this anymore. My upper body shifted up and I sat on my bed. My feet moved to the ground and I stood up straight. I could not sleep if all of those things were going to bother me. I had to do something to put myself at ease.

My hands roughly spread my closet open and quickly searched through it. I pulled out my black coat, which was actually the only coat I had. You would think that with all the money I was making, I would actually have a lot of things of my own, but it was actually the opposite. I mostly wasted my money on drugs and drinks, but I wanted to keep all of the cash to upgrade the compamy when it was needed.

When the material of my coat was hanged around my body, I reached to put on my shoes. I was not taking off the clothes that I wore a day before. I guess I just felt too lazy. Once my shoes were on my feet, I grabbed my black bag that I always carry to work and went to reach the door that lead to the room that was outside of this small apartment that I had.

I locked the door when I was outside in the hallways of the building. My feet spinned me around and I found myself walking down the long grey stairs. The walk to the door that led to the outside world was a but longer than I expected it to be. I was too intoxicated to walk in a straight line, or keep my eyes completely open the entire time. With every step I took, a sick groan escaped my lips and my legs were getting weaker.

Despite all that, I actually managed to stumble down the entire staircase and step into the coldness of the winter breeze that was outside. I was aware of the fact that I probably looked like nothing but a real life zombie. My face was pale, I had bags under my eyes as they were shining through the darkness in a color of bloody red.

I felt like I was going unconscious as I was walking. My head even started to forget where I was planning on going, but it seemed like my feet remembered the exact directions. The streets were obviously full even though it was almost 3am. There was not a single night when every single citizen was sleeping at the same time as the other ones. That was just impossible to picture.

I could not take it anymore. My eyes closed quickly but I kept on moving. I was struggling with figuring out how. It was like I was sleepwalking, but I was completely aware of it. I felt numb and exhausted from all the alcohol and drugs that entered my veins once again before this strange walk of mine.

Before I even knew it, I was climbing up on the staircase once again. It looked like my feet tried to be as quiet as possible. It was weird to think that they were being in charge of my thoughts at that time. I was only able to process what they were doing, but not able to make decisions about where they should go.

My bag was still being tightly held by my hand. My grip on it was so strong that I actually felt the veins on my hand popping and my knuckles turning white. It was something that I really needed at that moment.

My other free hand placed itself inside of my coat pocket. It just wanted to find a place where it could warm itself up, since the air that surrounded me was pretty cold.

The feet that were once walking stopped out of the blue and that was when my mind completely shut down. My thoughts were nothing but pure black. I was not thinking about my actions anymore. It just did not feel that important to me. I was really sleeping.

But what if my other body parts still kept on moving?

_______________________________