8 - Back To School

It's the first day of school in 2019. I haven't seen Josh since our Disneyland day. Do I miss him? Yes. A lot. But I'm seeing him today and I'm so excited.

I'm entering the hallway and I see Josh in front of his locker, taking out some books.

"Hey, Bassett."

"Hey! Happy 2019!" He hugs me. Oh how I miss his hug.

"You're a little early," I point out.

"Aren't I always early? Well except for that one time when my alarm didn't go off because you changed the setting."

"It was an accident. You know I didn't mean to do it!"

"Still. You got me in detention."

"I thought you love being in trouble!"

"Not as much as you love getting me in trouble."

"That's not true!"

"Yeah anyway, I baked cookies last night," he says, taking a ziploc bag filed with cookies from his locker. "Was gonna give you later because I didn't think I'd see you this morning but..."

I take the ziploc from his hand and open it. "Oh my god this smells so good. And it's chocolate chunk! Can I try one?"

"Yeah of course. I brought them for you to try!"

I take one of the cookies from the bag and take a bite out of it. It's soft yet still a little crunchy. And the chocolate chunk makes it even better. "Oh wow this is actually pretty good!"

"Really? I honestly thought I was gonna fail, considering I made this from scratch and didn't actually have like all proper ingredients."

"Yeah these are good! But I think you made it too thick. It would definitely be a lot better if this was a little thinner."

"Oh yeah. I'm not really good at shaping them and making them equal. Some of them are too thick and some are too thin," he laughs a little while scratching his head.

"That's why you should bake cookies more often."

We then just go to our classes since the bell almost rings.

***

We sit together at lunch, eating our foods and the cookies.

"So, what got you into making these?" I ask. He doesn't usually bake.

"I don't know. I was bored last night and it just happened."

"It just happened? You usually write a song when you're bored!"

"Yeah I don't know. But speaking of that, I actually wrote another song."

"Really?"

"Yeah. You wanna hear it? I actually recorded the song like 2 days ago," he explains, taking his phone from his pocket.

"Absolutely!"

He then plays the song for me.

"So yeah, it's a little something like that. I might still change some of the lyrics though. It's not completely done yet," he shyly explains.

"You're literally the most talented song writer I know. It's so beautiful, Joshy! I love the guitar too!"

"Aw thanks! I'm really proud of this one."

"Well, when are you going to post it?"

"I don't know if I should post it."

"Oh come on! That's like the best one you've ever written. Well besides Common Sense cause you can't change my mind on that one."

"Maybe I'll post it once I'm done with it."

"Yes!!"

We continue to eat and chat for a while. And then I get bored and just go through my Instagram. I was messing with Instagram filters and got this footage of Josh drinking.

 I was messing with Instagram filters and got this footage of Josh drinking

Yeah I'm not deleting this.

A/N
Hey! I'm so sorry this is kinda short. This is just like a filler chapter since it'd be weird if I don't write anything in January and just jump to February. I hope you still enjoyed it! I'm still working on the next chapter so stay tuned!