31 - Vanilla Ice Cream

Josh is coming to my house today. We agreed that we're gonna make some cold desserts since it's getting pretty warm lately. Vanilla ice cream to be exact.

It's now 12 o'clock and he should be here any time soon.

Just a few minutes later, I hear a knock on the door. I open the door, revealing Josh with his hands inside his pocket.

"Hi."

"Come in."

I close the door after he walks inside.

"I brought the vanilla extract you asked," he says, handing out a a little bottle of vanilla extract. I already read all the recipe that we're gonna make today and I realized I ran out of vanilla extract. So I asked him to bring it if he had it laying around at home.

"Oh yeah! Thank god you remember. Otherwise we're not making vanilla ice cream today."

"Hey! Vanilla ice cream is my favorite! Of course I remember!"

We go straight to my kitchen to get started making our homemade vanilla ice cream.

I put my hair up into a quick bun with pieces of hair still sticking everywhere. I start grabbing the heavy cream, milk, and sweetened condensed milk while Josh grabs the sugar. Then I take the measuring cups and other utensils.

"Could you get me a big bowl from inside that cabinet behind you?" I ask him.

"This one?" He points to one of the cabinets.

"Yeah that one."

He opens it and take one big bowl. He then sets it on the kitchen island.

"Okay I think we have everything. Now it's time to combine all of these."

I open my phone to look at the recipe so I can get the measurements right.

"First it's 2 cups of heavy cream," I say.

"Here I'll do it."

He takes the measuring cup and pours heavy cream into it.

"Then it's 2 cups of milk," I mumble as I read the ingredients. I start grabbing the milk while he's still pouring the heavy cream. Then he measures 2 cups of milk.

We add all of the other ingredients, including the vanilla extract.

"Okay, now we mix."

I grab the whisk and start mixing it slowly.

"This is gonna take a while," I say as I mix the ingredients together.

"Wait, don't you have a hand mixer?" He asks.

I actually do have a hand mixer.

"Oh my god you're right!"

I start looking for the hand mixer because I literally don't know where my mom keeps it. But after a few minutes looking for it, I finally found it.

I plug it in. Josh takes the mixer and turns it on. But instead of turning it on on a low speed, he accidentally hit the highest speed, making the mixture splatters everywhere.

"Oh, fuck!" He curses, turning off the mixer right after.

It splatters everywhere. The island, the floor, and even his shirt.

"Oh no! Joshy what have you done?" I can't help but laugh.

"Great! I have it all over my shirt!"

He goes to the sink and cleans his shirt with water. I take a small towel and clean up the mess he made.

"How do you not know how to use a hand mixer?" I ask in between my laugh.