23 - Getting Sick

It's June 21st. Filming is almost done. Josh's last day on set is gonna be on the 23rd. I'm so excited. I know I've said this like 600 times but I miss him so much! It's only 2 days until I see him again!

Things have been doing great for me and Josh. I learned how to control my emotions and I've come to the conclusion that... I'm gonna tell him the truth once he gets home. I don't know how our friendship is gonna be after that, but he never gets mad at me and our friendship is never awkward like that so I hope he'll understand me and nothing bad is gonna happen to our friendship.

It's now around 5.30 pm and I just got home. I went to Lunchroom after school today with Abby and the other. I check my phone to see a ton of notifications I haven't opened since I wasn't using my phone at Lunchroom.

I open them. I got like 6 missed calls and 20 messages from Josh.

 I got like 6 missed calls and 20 messages from Josh

And then he spams me like 10 more messages. My eyes widen. Wait he's here already? He's back in California? And he's sick?

I feel so bad not responding to his text and not answering any of his phone calls. I immediately call him.

1 ring.
2 rings.
3 rings.
4 rings.

He's not answering. I start to panic. Oh my god. What if he's still at the airport? What if he... like... passes out in the middle of the airport?

I call him again. He still doesn't answer. I send him like 30 text messages asking where he is.

I grab my purse and everything I need and start going downstairs. I don't know if he's still at the airport or not. I need to go to there.

I open the front door and suddenly my phone rings.

It's him.

I pick up. "Joshy?"

"Hey." His voice is raspy and hoarse.

"Oh my god where are you? Are you okay?"

"I'm home, Rachy. I ordered an Uber," He says, coughing and sniffling at the end.

"Oh my- I'm so sorry. I... I should've read your messages and come pick you up-"

"Nah, it's fine, Rachy. It was kinda my fault though. I didn't tell you earlier. I kinda wanted to surprise you."

"Why didn't you ask your parents or one of your sisters to pick you up?"

"They aren't home."

"Wait, you're telling me you're sick and you're home alone?"

"Well, yeah-"

"I'm coming to your place."

"Rachy I'm fine. You don't need to do-" he starts coughing uncontrollably.