17 - Utah pt. 1

Today is the day. I'm going to Salt Lake City to visit Josh and the others. I'm so excited I'm literally shaking right now! It's Friday today and I miss school because my flight is at 9. But I'm going to Salt Lake ahh! And I'm gonna visit East High! The high school I've always wanted to go.

I'm at the airport right now, waiting for my flight. This reminds me of when Josh is going to Utah for the first time. We were sitting together and be on each other's sides. We spent as much time possible together. We took silly pictures right at that corner. It was him that was going there, and now it's me too.

I'm just sitting alone with my coffee. I still can't believe just in a few hours I'm gonna see Josh again. And the cast members. I can only imagine how much fun I'm gonna have with them.

Josh and I have been texting for the past hours. He said he'll pick me up at the airport. That's such a nice gesture of him. Such a gentleman. I was gonna just order an Uber but he said he'll pick me up.

I'm just scrolling through Instagram while sipping my coffee. And also while waiting for Josh to reply my text.

A few minutes later, there's a boarding call for my flight. I grab my purse and start heading to my plane.

Once I'm inside the plane, I put my Airpods in and text Josh, telling him that I'm already inside the plane.

The flight only takes about an hour. I just listen to music and look out the window since I'm on a window seat. The sky today is pretty. It's so blue with floating fluffy clouds.

After about an hour, the flight attendant announces that we're about to land. The plane lands and we all get off the plane.

I walk to the baggage carousel to get my luggage. I wait for my luggage and take it. I walk out, where I see Josh standing with his eyes focused on his phone.

I walk towards him. He looks up from his phone when he knows someone is walking towards him. He smiles.

"Hey!" He greets.

I get closer and closer until my arms finally reach him. I wrap my arms around him. Tight. I've missed him so much.

"I finally get to hug you again!"

He chuckles. "I missed you too!" Oh I missed that. I missed that chuckle.

We pull away. "C'mon. I'll take you to your hotel. Here let me help you with your luggage."

He takes my luggage and brings it for me.

"C'mon. This way."

I follow him. We walk to the parking lot. On our way there he tells me that he can't wait for me to meet the cast members and that they're gonna love me. It makes me get more and more excited.

Once we're in the parking lot, he presses a button on the car key that unlocks the car. The backlight from a car not too far away from us flashes. That must be the car. It's definitely not his car. I don't know whose car that is.

He opens the trunk and puts the luggage inside. Then we get inside.

"Whose car is this?" I ask once we're both inside.

"It's Matt's. He let me borrow it to pick you up."

I nod.

We start heading to my hotel. The hotel is not far away from the school. Probably like 2 minutes away. Josh is actually the one who suggested me to stay there.

On our way Josh just talks about what the cast members are like.

"...yeah they're all amazing. You're gonna love them."

"It sounds fun to hang out with them. But I don't know, Joshy. I'm kinda nervous to meet them."

"Aw c'mon! They're literally like the coolest nicest people ever. Don't be! And you've talked to every single one of them. There's no reason to be nervous!"

"I don't know, Joshy. What if I don't blend in?"

"Hey. When I first met them I felt the same way. But 10 seconds later we were already laughing our asses off!"

We stop at a red light. Josh leans to his left to pick something from his right jeans pocket. He gives it to me. It's the little Mickey Mouse keychain. He smiles at me. I smile back.

The drive takes about 45 minutes. Not because the hotel is quite near from the airport, but because Josh drives the car like 60 miles per hour. He's excited. He drums on the steering wheel with his fingers every once in a while. But finally, we reach the hotel.

We park the car. I was about to open the trunk and get my luggage when suddenly Josh stands next to me.

"I got it." He opens the trunk and takes the luggage out. He really doesn't want me to touch my own luggage.

We get inside the lobby. I check in and get my key. We both go to my room.

"Here it is. Room 610," Josh says.

I unlock the door with the key and open the door. It's a small hotel but it's nice. There's a big window with the view of the city. Can't really see the entire city since it's only on the sixth floor but, I like the view.

"So, do you need to change or unpack a little or something?" He asks, setting my luggage near the desk.

I check the time on my phone. 12 pm.

"Um... No, I'm good. But I am hungry. Can we go eat before we meet everyone else?"

"Oh we have food on the set don't worry."

"Okay."

We both head to the set. As I said it only takes about 2 minutes.

We're almost there I can already see the building. It's big. And I can't believe that I'm seeing it in real life. There are a lot of trailers outside. We get closer and closer. There it is. East High.

I can't stop smiling. I can't believe this is real. I can feel Josh looking at me as I smile. He smiles. I was to busy smiling and looking out the window that I did realize we're parked.

"We're here. East High," he says, pulling the hand break.

I literally can't stop staring. I can't believe that I'm actually here.

"Hey. You okay?"

"I just... I can't believe I'm actually here."

"C'mon."

He gets out of the car. I also get out. I still can't believe that I'm here. Josh goes around the front of the car to my side.

"Wait, Joshy, I'm sooo nervous," I put my both hands in fists.

"They're gonna love you. Now c'mon."

He holds his hand out. I take a deep breath and take his hand. We walk inside hand in hand.

A/N
I just wanted to say thank you for 5k! I'm pretty sure it hasn't been a week since I hit 4k and I'm at 5.5k already? It's insane that this story grows so fast. I really appreciate every single one of you!