30 - Beach Day

Today is the day! We are going to the beach!

It's been about a month since our "first kiss" and things have been great between us. Claire told everyone in her family that we're dating and they all were so happy when she told them. I told my parents and I didn't get the same reaction. My parents have always been really strict to me about boys. I mean they were happy for me, but that's mainly because I'm dating my own guy best friend that they actually know and not some weird drug dealer guy. But... Josh's sisters were jumping in excitement and asking him the 5 W's and 1 H. Having siblings sounds like a lot of fun. It really makes me wanna have siblings. It's pretty boring around the house with just me and my parents.

Anyway, we're going to the beach today. It's kinda like a double date because Abby and Brent are going too.

We planned on going to the beach at around 3 so it's not too hot. In the meantime, we're spending some time in Lunchroom because it's the best place to hang out.

"Did you guys hear about the news? Logan just broke up with his new girlfriend!" Abby says, eyes locked on her phone screen.

"What? With Riley? They started dating like a week ago!" I answer.

"I'm not surprised with him," Brent says.

"Yeah... Me too," Josh chimes in.

"What happened to them?" I ask.

"I don't know. Miranda just texted me about the news. But it's probably none other than her finding out that Logan is not taking their relationship seriously and he's cheating again for the billionth time," Abby answers.

Now that I know the actual truth about Logan, I'm wondering what actually happened. Like why did they break up? Is it Logan this time or is it still his girlfriend?

Josh and Brent are eating their burgers. Abby and I already ate so we only ordered some drinks.

We spend time there for a few more hours before we actually go to the beach. It's about 2 o'clock when we leave Lunchroom.

The beach is about an hour away. As usual, Josh is driving. He's the driver in the gang. Also, we think Josh's car is like better and comfier than the rest of our cars so we always use his car if we're going somewhere.

The aux cable is connected to Abby's phone and you know the drill. We're singing the songs that come on shuffle at the top of our lungs. It's not really a road trip if you don't hurt your throat afterwards from screaming too much.

We were having too much fun in the car that the drive only felt like 10 minutes and the next thing we know, we're here!

"We here babyyy!" Josh exclaims.

"Finally!" Brent follows.

We take all of our stuff from the car trunk and head inside.

Abby and I change into our bathing suits while the guys change into their beach shorts. And of course, Josh can never forget about his iconic cap that he wears all the time.