42 - Get Some Rest

It is now 8:30 pm on September 1st. I'm at Lunchroom with Josh because come on. It's the best hang out place around here. And the foods are also really good.

Then I remember the last time I was in here. I came in here and I saw Logan sitting on that exact table next to me. I tried to tell him to stay away from me, but it ended up being him telling me about his abusive dad, which explains everything.

I haven't told Josh about it. I feel like now is the right time to tell him.

"Hey do you remember the last time we were in here?" I ask, getting his attention.

"Yeah. The day we went to that carnival on your first day of school," he speaks while also still chewing on his fries. "Why?"

"Well... Something happened that day right before you came here..."

"What do you mean?"

"Remember when I told you I wanted to stay away from Logan? That day when I first came in here, Logan was here too. I came up to him... And I told him that we should keep a distance because I have a boyfriend and I kinda said something about him liking me," I pause.

"And? What did he say?"

"He was surprised because he didn't have feelings for me. And I was right. He's not a player or a fuck boy or whatever people call him. He told me about his abusive dad. His dad abused him and his sister, and his mom. He's been hurt so many times that he just can't hurt someone else. And sex is his distraction from his dad. He didn't dump all of those girls, the girls dumped him because when he wanted it to be serious, they only wanted it to be a one night stand."

"Someone actually told me he has an abusive dad from a long time ago, but I didn't know if that was true or not. I feel bad for him, especially after what I did to him."

"Yeah me too."

I go to my phone and randomly take this superzoom video of him.

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Then his phone vibrates on the table. I take a quick glance to see who's calling. It's his mom.

He picks up his phone from the table and answer the call.

"Hey mom, what's up?" He says as he eats the last fries. "Glasses? Okay I'll check... Alright bye love you." He then ends the call.

"Everything alright?" I ask even though I already know what's going on.

"My mom forgot where she left her glasses again. She thinks she left them in the car and asked me to check," he explains.

"Then let's check. Why are we still sitting here?"

"It's okay we'll check when we're going home."

"Your mom is waiting for an answer! And, I was actually gonna ask if we could go home. It's getting a little late."