48 - Haunted House

Halloween is just around the corner and there's this new haunted house near us only until the end of the month that Josh has been begging me to go since it first opened. The problem is: one, I've never been to a haunted house before, and two, I absolutely hate anything horror. I get scared so easily and I don't like scaring myself. The only horror movie I've watched is It and it still terrifies me till this day. If you couldn't already tell, I'm more of a Disney and rom-com typa gal.

Halloween used to be so fun and all you know dressing up and go trick or treating, until just three years ago when Josh decided to prank me by changing my lock screen to a fucking satanic demon ghost jumpscare picture that I still vividly remember and it has been haunting me ever since. I literally threw my phone and broke my screen and I forever will not forgive him for it. I remember I was crying and I was shaking uncontrollably after I threw my phone. He felt bad after that and tried to comfort me, which my moody teenage self kept telling him to get away from me.

You see, we fight a lot. Mostly because of Josh's stupid pranks but we always make up afterwards and the next day we're chill. It's like it never happened.

Anyway, I finally said yes to go to the haunted house. Yes, a very bad decision. But he kept asking every second and kept saying things like 'come on it's not that scary' and 'I'll never let go of your hand I promise'.

I mean I would've still said no even after he said things like that but that's not what made me give in. It's actually the way he was saying them with his sexy voice when we were cuddling. With him kissing my cheek and my neck every 10 seconds like just imagine it. How could I say no to that?

But yeah we are going today. It opens at like 7 pm cause it's actually outdoors. It's like circus themed and I'm sure there's gonna be a lot of clowns. Like scary looking clowns and I'm already terrified just by thinking about it.

Now it's already around 7:10 pm and Josh is gonna pick me up any minute. A few minutes later, he's here.

I get out of my house and get inside his car.

"If I can't sleep tonight, it's your fault," I say as I'm buckling my seatbelt.

"Hey come on! You agreed on going!"

"Yeah. Only because you wouldn't stop begging me!"

"Trust me. It's not that scary."

"How'd you know? You've never tried this one before! This could be the scariest haunted house in the history of haunted house and we have no idea!"

"Relax. I told you you can hold my hand."

"You don't have to tell me that I'd instantly be gripping your arm once we get to the place." I cross my arms.

"Hey come on. It's gonna be fun! How about this. After we get out of the haunted house, I'll do whatever you want in return. How about that?"

I think for a few seconds. Is him doing whatever I want worth going to the haunted house? And if it is, what do I want him to do?

But I mean I got nothing to lose. We were already gonna go there anyway.

"Okay."

"Alright."

He puts the gearshift in drive and we start heading to the haunted house. It takes about 20 minutes to get there.

We then arrive at the place. The place looks more like a circus than a haunted house but it's still kinda creepy.

We get tickets and stuff and about a few minutes later, we get inside the actual haunted house.

I grip his arm super tight and stay behind him. We take a few steps inside and creepy sounds start playing.