18 - Utah pt. 2

We enter the hallway. It's already giving me so much nostalgia. I keep looking around. This literally brings back so many memories.

I don't know exactly where we're heading. We just keep walking.

I start to hear people talking. It gets clearer and clearer. Then we get to the end of the hallway, which apparently is the cafeteria. There's lighting everywhere. Camera equipments everywhere. And there's a lot of people.

"Hey it's Joshua!" A voice like Julia's makes my eyes look for where the sound comes from.

They're sitting in a circle on one of the tables. Their eyes meet mine.

"Oh my god it's Rachel!"
"Rachel!"
"It's Rachel!"
"RACHEL!"

They all shout and run towards me and Josh.

"Rachel oh my god we finally get to meet you!" Olivia hugs me. "And you're sooo pretty what the heck!"

"Aw Olivia! Thanks!"

"Rachel! It's so nice to finally meet you!" Matt says.

"Rachel!" Sofia hugs me. She's so tall. "Welcome!"

I continue to say hi to everyone. Josh introduces me to new people too.

"Guys! We have pizza!" Frankie shouts from one of the tables with boxes of pizza on top of it.

Everyone cheers and start going to the table. Except for me and Josh.

"Rachel come on!" They shout.

"Let's go," Josh says.

We eat our pizza while laughing at jokes. We get along really well. This is like the fastest I've ever gotten along with someone. With a group of people.

Once we're done with our pizza, we take a few pictures before they start filming again. They start with a scene that Josh is not in.

"C'mon, I'll show you around," Josh says.

We explore the school. Everything still looks like in the movies. They even still got the pink locker and everything!

"So that was the cafeteria, where we ate pizza. That door right there..." He points to a door in front of us. The door is quite big. It doesn't look like it's just a classroom. "That's the gym."

He opens the door and there it is. The gym from my childhood. We get inside. I just keep looking around. It's just like how it looked in the movies.

"Wow. So much nostalgia."

We stay there for like a good like 10 minutes before we start going again.

"Over here is just lockers. And over there... Is where you've always wanted to go." He points with his finger. I know exactly what he's talking about.

We're right in front of the door. He signals with his head for me to open the door. I push the door open, revealing the huge auditorium.

I scoff in disbelief. I cover my mouth with my hands. I've always wanted to perform here when I was younger. I can't believe that I'm actually here.

There is a piano on the stage. And it's huge.

"Oh my god Joshy!" I look behind my back. Josh is smiling. "Wow this is a lot bigger than I always thought!"

"I know. We all have that same reaction when we first saw the auditorium," he chuckles.

I go up to the stage. I can see the entire room. He follows me from behind. He has his hands in his pockets.

"So... How do you feel?"

"I feel like this is a dream!"

I walk to the grand piano. I touch the keys. It's beautiful.

"Play something," he requests from behind me. I look behind my back to see him smiling at me. "C'mon you've always wanted to perform in a huge auditorium like this."

He's not wrong.

"Okay," smile and nod my head a little.

I sit on the stool, thinking about what song I should do. I suddenly have the urge to do this one song. It's the first song I've ever learned on the piano.

(A/N: here's a YouTube video for the instrumental version of it. I love this instrumental. You can just imagine how she'd sound like singing her heart out while playing the piano in this empty auditorium. Enjoy.)

I sing my heart out. Josh is leaning against the piano, smiling every time I hit the high notes with my soft head voice. I can feel he's staring at me.

Tears stream down your face
When you lose something you cannot replace
Tears stream down your face and I...

I belt that last part. My favorite part from the entire song.

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you

I end the song. Josh starts to pull his hands apart to clap, but I don't only hear his clap. I hear claps from like 20 people. In shock, I turn my head to my right quickly to see that the entire cast members are all clapping at me.

I stand up and Josh immediately puts his arms around me, hugging me.

"Oh my god you're awesome! You're amazing!" He says while still hugging me.

"Hold on, how long have they been in here?" I ask Josh. We pull away.

"Since you start. Pretty much."

They all climb upstage.

"Rachel! What the heck? That was so beautiful!" Olivia says.

"Wow you're so talented!" Sofia says.

Yeah pretty much all of them say nice things about me and I couldn't be happier. They're literally so supportive and nice and I'm just grateful that I know them.

I spend the rest of the day exploring more of the school and them filming. I get to talk with each of them more personally and we're like already best friends now. Today is already hands down the best day of my life and the day hasn't even ended yet.

We end the day with a game night. We're playing spicy uno. They're just the funniest people ever. I don't think I've ever laughed so hard in my life that I actually feel sick. But everytime someone is choking from laughing too hard Josh would always ask stuff like "you alright?" Or "are you good?" Which shows that he cares so much about the people around him.

It's around 10 pm and we decided to call it a night. Josh drops me off at my hotel and the day ends. Can't wait to see what tomorrow has to offer.

A/N
Sorry this is kinda late. I've been super busy with school and couldn't update. But here it is! I hope you enjoyed!