44 - Are You Sure?

It's been 2 days since it happened and I still can't get it out of my head. That dream that I had, it is still super clear inside my mind and I still remember every detail of it. I couldn't focus on anything at school and I spent the rest of the day at Josh's house yesterday. It really helped to distract me from my thoughts but there are still times where I just sit there in silence and stared blankly on the floor. And when I came home, everything was back to normal. I think they don't know that I know about the fight and they act like everything's fine. Like it never happened. But I know it happened and I know that they're hiding something from me.

School today wasn't any better than yesterday. I am at home right now and Josh told me that we are going on a date today. We still don't know where we're going or what we're gonna do, but we're gonna spend time together today.

I think he noticed that I still can't get it out of my head from all the silence and how many times he had to call my name to get my attention yesterday. That's why he's taking me on a date today. To distract me and make me forget about what happened, and about the dream.

It is now around 5 pm and he's gonna be here to pick me up any minute. And I was right. Just a few minutes later, he's here.

I run to his car and get in.

"Heyyy!" He says just as I open the door.

"Hi!" I say and get in. "So what are we gonna do today?"

"You'll see."

"Seriously? Okay you need to stop with all of these "surprise dates" and start telling me what we're gonna do!"

"Alright. I know how much you love movies, and just watching Netflix in your room together is kinda boring. So... We're going to a drive-in tonight."

"Wait, really?"

Oh my god I'm so excited! I've only been to a drive-in once in my life! But that's simply because the nearest drive-in theater in town is like 10 miles away. I've always wanted to go there again but I never had the time since it's super far away. And now I can't believe that we're actually gonna go there!

"Yeah. Why, do you not wanna go there?"

"Are you kidding? Of course I want to! It's been forever since the last time I went to a drive-in!"

Okay is it just me or does drive-in theater sound like the most romantic kinda date night ever? It's like my dream date. Like whenever I see it on movies I'm always like I really wanna do that with my boyfriend. But the thing is I didn't have a boyfriend then. And now I'm dating my best friend and we are actually doing it. Holy shit it's crazy. And you have no idea how excited I am.

"I knew you'd be excited. But first we need to go to Target because I need to get batteries for my mom and we can maybe grab a few snacks to eat while watching the movie. And second, I'm kinda hungry and I kinda wanna get Taco Bell so..."

I sigh. "Can we just skip to the movie part?"

"Rachel it's literally 5 pm. The movie's not starting until like 10. We still got plenty of time to kill."

"Alright whatever."

And off to Target we go.

Target is only about 5 minutes away. Once we're there, we park the car and walk inside. While walking, I take this Instagram story because I don't know I'm just excited for tonight.

 While walking, I take this Instagram story because I don't know I'm just excited for tonight