20 - Utah pt. 4

We continue playing a few more songs of Guitar Hero and play other games. We're gonna do photo booth after this. The four of us get inside the photo booth and we start taking pictures.

"Guys I think we should do like matching poses!" Olivia suggests.

"Yeah, great idea!" I respond.

We can take 4 different pictures. The first one is a straight face, which is really hard to do because we keep laughing everytime we try to keep a straight face but we finally got the the shot.

Second pose is a grin. This one is easy to do.

Third is just a smile but without showing our teeth.

And the last one, we all stick our tongues out.

The photo is printed and it looks so cute. We wanted to do more so Matt inserts another token and we take more pictures. This one with random poses.

We play almost all of the games in the entire arcade until we all decide to go. We've all agreed to go roller skating.

It's around 5 now. I'm now outside of the arcade with everyone. The skate park is a little far so we we're gonna go there by car. Were gonna use Matt and Julia's cars.

We go back to the school, where their cars are parked. Josh, Liv, Sofia, and I all agree that we're gonna ride in Matt's car, while the others agree to ride in Julia's.

On our way, we do a carpool karaoke. At least that's what happens inside Matt's car.

The whole ride is super fun. After about 30 minutes later, we arrive at the skate park.

We go and rent some roller skates. I'm sitting on a stool, putting the skates on. After they're on and everybody's done putting them on, we go inside the rink.

It's been a while since I went roller skating and I'm kinda having a hard time trying to stand up and trying not to fall everytime I move. Thank god Josh is there everytime.

"Whoa!" I blurt when my body starts to tip over, trying to get inside the rink.

"Whoa I got you," Josh reflexively holds my arm, preventing me from falling down, making me lean a little into his body.

I swear, Josh has the fastest reflexes.

My heart starts beating really fast. I start to get goosebumps. Those strong hands holding my arm. It gets me everytime.

We stare into each other's eyes for a few seconds until he finally breaks it.

"Um... c'mon. Let's get inside," he holds out his hand for me to take. I take his hand and we both start skating inside.

I start to pick up and get better at it. We skate around and the guys even start to do tricks and dance around.

 We skate around and the guys even start to do tricks and dance around

Right now I'm skating with Larry and Dara. I can't see Josh anywhere. He's probably doing splits or something with Matt somewhere.

"Hey have you guys seen Liv and Sofia?" Dara asks, looking around trying to find them.

I look around. "Oh there!" I point to Sofia and Olivia once I see them.

They see us and we all skate towards each other. They get closer and closer to us until I realize something.

Olivia is wearing a sweatshirt now. An oversized navy sweatshirt. Hold on. Olivia wasn't wearing that sweatshirt earlier. They get even closer until I can see them clearly. That sweatshirt says Make sure your friends are okay. Wait. It's Josh's sweatshirt. She's wearing Josh's sweatshirt.

"Where's Matt and Josh? I thought they were with you guys," Olivia asks.

"And Julia and Frankie," Larry adds.

None of us actually know where they are. But we just continue skating and having fun.

We do some tricks. Olivia tries skating backwards while facing us, until suddenly someone bumps into her.

"Whoa sorry!"

It's Josh, again with the reflexes. He holds Olivia's arms so she doesn't fall. He's only wearing a white T-shirt. Julia, Matt, and Frankie are following from behind him.

"You okay?" He asks.

"Yeah I'm fine, Joshy."

That last word echoes inside my mind. She called him Joshy, my nickname for Josh, the name I've been calling him since first grade. And the way they look at each other when they speak. The way he stares into her eyes and how she does the same. First that sweatshirt and now this? I swear there's something going on between them.

My feet feel like they freeze. I start to slow down while the group keeps on moving, leaving me behind. My heart breaks into a million pieces.

The thought of her calling him Joshy and the image of both of them staring into each other's eyes keep replaying inside my mind. Other thoughts start to come back. Them being so touchy the entire time, the number of inside jokes they have, her wearing his sweatshirt, and even the time when we FaceTimed. They all start coming back.

Of course he likes her. I should've known since we FaceTimed. She's one of the prettiest girls I know and one of the most talented people I know. They see each other literally every single day. And I'm just his annoying "best friend".

I feel like I just want to go home now. My eyes start to feel heavy and wet.

Josh looks back and comes closer to me.

"Hey. Come on everyone's over there!" He says as he gets closer and closer. "Hey..." He stops. His smile starts to fade as he notices there's something wrong with me. "Rachy? Are you okay? Are you crying?"

"Uh no. I'm fine. I just... I'm a little tired that's all."

"Do you need to sit down? Or we can go back to the hotel if-"

"No, Joshy it's fine. I'm fine."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah. Let's just... Catch up with the others."

"Okay. But if you're feeling worse or if you need anything, just tell me, okay?"

"Yeah. Okay," I nod.

We catch up with the others and continue to skate around. I can't really focus on anything. I still can't stop thinking about what happened with Josh and Liv today. From when they sat next to each other at Yellowfinn and how they were so close to each other smiling and laughing, to Josh holding her arms when he bumped into her while she had his hoodie on.

The rest of the night isn't that fun anymore. It's about 10 pm now and we decide to call it a night.

We all go home and I go back to my hotel room.

I can't sleep. I keep thinking about Josh. I guess my love for him just goes to waste. He's in love with Olivia. And I'm pretty sure she feels the same way.

I just wanna go home, back in California. Thank god I'm leaving tomorrow.

A/N
It's been about a week and I'm aware of it. Sorry this took forever. I'm super busy and I also got stuck halfway. I hope you enjoyed this one!