35 - Picnic pt. 3

It's now around 7 and we all just go straight to Madi's house. We arrive there at around 7.30.

We all get inside. My Agoraphobia is already triggered. There's a lot of people. A lot more than that first and last party I went. But at least now I'm with Josh.

I hold Josh's hand. I squeeze it tight. He knows that I don't like crowded places like this. But then I really need to pee. He tells me that he's gonna be waiting in the living room with the others.

I go to the bathroom and do my business. After I'm done, I get out and start looking for the others.

Shit. Where's the living room?

I walk around, hoping to find the living room. But the fact that I'm alone with all of these strangers around me makes me anxious.

I keep walking around the house until I get to the kitchen. There I found Candace, holding a solo cup in her hand. Thank god.

"Hey Candace," I say.

"Oh hi!"

"What are you doing here? Why are you not with the others?"

To grab a drink. Obviously.

"I was just grabbing a drink. I'm actually gonna go back to the others, are you coming?"

"Yeah sure."

"Come on!"

We start walking to the living room.

"Sooo... You and Josh are dating, right? How long have you two been together?"

"Oh we started dating just this summer. But we've been friends for so long."

"How far have you two gone?" She asks, taking a sip from her drink.

Um... Excuse me?

"Um... W- we like to take things slow... You know..."

"Oh yeah... Of course. I get it."

A few steps later, I see all the others sitting on the couch. There's an empty seat next to Josh and I just sit next to him.

We all just chill on there, talking and laughing about random stuff. He puts his hand behind me, resting it on the back of the couch.

"Who wants a drink?" Matt says, coming from somewhere. He's holding 2 red solo cups.

None of us says anything before Josh suddenly answers him.

"I'll take it," he says, taking one of the drinks from Matt's hand.

I give him a weird look. It's definitely alcohol. I know Josh doesn't usually drink. I've only seen him drinking alcohol once in my life. And based off of that experience, I now know that he's a lightweight. Oh he's about to get drunk tonight.

We all just talk and joke around. Liv introduced me to Madi earlier and we're now hanging out together. Josh is sitting right beside me with his arm around my neck.

"Let's play truth or dare!" Julia says. Everyone agrees.

She takes an empty water bottle laying around and spins it on the table. Lo and behold it lands on Josh.

"Joshua. Truth or dare?" She asks.

"Dare."

"Finish your drink within 10 seconds!" She says.

I don't know if he's gonna be able to do it. He's only taken a couple sips from his drink and it's pretty much still full.

"Ten... Nine..." She starts to count down. Everyone joins her.