𝙸. Chapter 7: "What did you see Wanda?

"Thor didn't say where he was going for answers?" Tony asks walking up to Steve who was chopping wood with an ax.

Steve wasn't in the mood, He is trying to avoid any talk about the visions. "Sometimes, my teammates don't tell me things. I was kind of hoping Thor would be the exception," Steve says bitterly,

     "Yeah, give him time. We don't know what the Maximoff kid showed him," Tony says, and Steve harshly brings down the ax onto the piece of wood on the stump.

     " 'Earth's Mightiest Heroes'," he says sarcastically. Steve shakes his head and finishes his thoughts, "Pulled us apart like cotton candy,"

     "Seems like you walked away all right," Tony observes, clearly he doesn't see how much anger he's taking out on the wood.

     "Is it a problem that I'm not showing it?" Steve asks.

     "I don't trust a guy without a dark side," Tony states as he grabs an Ax to chop some wood "Call me old-fashioned,"

     "Well, let's just say you haven't seen it yet," Steve reveals.

Tony looked around, comparing the differences between his pile of food and Steve's pile in his head, "You know Ultron is trying to tear us apart, right?" Tony says.

     "Steve shrugs and says, "Well, I guess you'd know. Whether you'd tell us is a bit of a question," Accusingly.

     "Banner and I were doing research," Tony defends.

     "That would affect the team," Steve points out questionably.

     "That would end the team!" He counters miserably and continues "Isn't that the mission? Isn't that the 'Why We Fight'? So we can end the fight. So we can go home!" Tony says.

In a fit of rage, grabs a piece of wood and with his super-soldier strength at the mention of the words "We can go home,"

     "Every time someone tries to win a war before it starts, innocent people die. Every time," Steve states calmly regaining his composure.

     "Mr. Stark," Laura began, walking up to the pair, and says, "Clint said you wouldn't mind, but our tractor doesn't seem to want to start at all,"

Tony hurriedly agrees. Anything for some alone time away from Steve, right now.

     "Don't take from my pile," He warns the super-soldier.

- ✪ -

U-Gin Research Lab

Seoul, South Korea

Dr. Cho was talking to her staff. she enters a dark room and gasps when she sees an unexpected guest.

     "Scream and your entire staff die," Ultron threatens and mentions, "I could've killed you, Helen, the night we met. I didn't,"

     "Do you expect a thank-you note?" Cho spits.

     "I expect you to know why," Ultron said.

That's when Cho thought for a second, realizing why Ultron didn't kill her and why he's here in her research lab.

     "The Cradle," Cho says and Ultron follows her gaze,

     "This is the next thing, Tony," a recording of Cho's voice came from Ultron

     "This is the next me," Ultron says.

     "The Regeneration Cradle prints tissue. It can't build a living body." Cho tries to explain.

"It can. You can. You lack the materials." Ultron says, One of his sentries approaches him holding a tube of vibranium "You're a brilliant woman, Helen. But we all have room to improve." Ultron says, knowing she needs more of a compliance tip of Loki's scepter was placed on her chest making her eyes turn blue. Shes now under his control.

Carrying Wanda, Pietro beats Sarah in a race by a millisecond. The inseparable trio finds themselves in Helen Cho's lab.

     "Fastest man alive does it again," Pietro says in triumph.

     "Your ego is going make me live that statement every time we have a race, isn't?"

     "Yep,"

     "Children, Children-" Ultron begins to say in order to get their attention, their arrival had interrupted Cho's and Ultron's conversation. "Continue Helen," The trio stood in.

     "Cellular cohesion will take a few hours, but we can initiate the conscious stream," Helen said and she fixed a long wire into the back of Ultron's head.

     "We're uploading your cerebral matrix, now,"

Wanda's eyes never leave the cradle, "I can read him-" she begins to say, "-He's dreaming." curiously, she walks closer.

     "I wouldn't call it dreams. It's Ultron's base consciousness. Informational noise. Soon..." Dr. Cho begins to explain before she is cut off by Ultron, "How soon? I'm not being pushy." Ultron says, impatiently.

     "We're imprinting a physical brain. There are no shortcuts. Even if your magic gem..." Cho explains.

Wanda's now standing right in front of the Cradle. She places her hands on the glass, and only closes her eyes for a brief second before she sees a vision of the global destruction of Earth, Ultron's true intentions.

Wanda screams in horror. Pietro and Sarah go to comfort her,

    "what did you see?" Sarah asks, Wanda breathes heavily for a few moments before facing Ultron, "How could you?" Wanda asks, horrified.

     "How could I what?" Ultron asks, appearing to be confused by Wanda's question.

     "You said the Avengers would pay for what they did to us, that their destruction would make a better world," Wanda says.

     "It will be better," Ultron reassured.

     "When 'everyone' is dead?" Wanda questions.

     "That is not...The human race will have every opportunity to improve." Ultron said, trying to make them understand.

     "And if they don't?" Pietro askes.

     "Ask Noah," Ultron answers,

Wanda, Pietro, Sarah couldn't believe it, "You are a madman," Wanda says

     "You're no better than Hydra. We traded one evil, that wanted to rule the world for a Greater one, that wants to end all life." Sarah says.

     "There were more than a dozen extinction-level events before even the dinosaurs got theirs. When the Earth starts to settle, God throws a stone at it. And, believe me, he's winding up. We have to evolve. There's no room for the weak." Ultron said, rubbing the Cradle.

     "And who decides who's weak?" Pietro asks as Wanda secretly use her mental manipulation powers to free Dr. Cho from the stone's mind control.

     "Life," Ultron chuckles, "Life always decides," He finishes.

➽──────────❥

END NOTE

I hope you guys liked the chapter and If you did would you consider leaving a comment and voting, thank you