VII. B - Chapter 137:"Where are my cookies?"

Earth-99

Wayne Manor Gotham City

Kara and Kate step out of the breach. Gotham City, consumed in the night's darkness.

Kara eyes her surroundings before saying, "So the Paragon of Courage is apparently afraid of yard work,"

Kate swallows, "Better let me do the talking," she says taking the lead, pushing a few dangling branches out of her way.

Kate knocks on one of the doors and stepping back. The door on their right swings opens, revealing a man, who's not Bruce, but he's still known to Kate, "Wow. That's an impressive six-pack," she compliments.

"Sorry. Do I know you?" He asks.

"Oh," Kate lets out, looking over to Kara who subtly shakes her head. "No," Kara answers in a whisper.

Kate turns back to Luke, "No, well, a different like, a less this version of you," Kate says stepping forward, "I'm Kate Kane, I'm Bruce's cousin," she tries to explain.

Luke shakes his head, denying all accusations she's just made with two simple words, "Yeah, no," he says slamming the door in their faces.

"Earth-one villain?" Kara questions.

"The only friend, actually," Kate answers.

"Oh. Well, at least he's cute," Kara mutters.

"Nope. Uh-uh. Let's not make that weird...That's weird," Kate mumbles underneath her breath, Knocking on the door once more than she tries to ignore the disturbing images of Kara and Luke, together.

Kate continues to knock, Kara rocks back and forth on the balls of her feet, "Ttt, Ttt, Ttt." Twisting her body.

"Can I just-" Kara says, gesturing towards the door.

"Please," Kate agrees, stepping out of the way.

Kara takes a step back before kicking the door in. They both walk over the debris of wood.

Click.

Eying the gun, Kara stands protectively in front of Kate.

"I don't know how you got in here, but you need to leave, Now," Luke orders.

"Don't be so rude, Luke," A gruff, masculine voice reprimands Luke. The voice is seemingly followed by some hydraulic sounds and stomping, "You must forgive him,"

Kate and Kara both narrow their eyes towards the staircase conveniently blocked by a wall.

The man's voice continues, "We're not used to having guests," he informs them before his feet could reach the last step. The man, encased in some protective suit, looks up, finding Kate's gaze.

"Kate," Bruce breathes out in disbelief.

Kate furrows her eyebrows, "Bruce?" Kate questions in return.

After their brief encounter, Luke leads Kara to a different room in the house, While Kate stays behind with Bruce.

Kate eyes Kara's departure questionably, "Where is Luke taking Kara?" she asks Bruce.

"Library...Just thought we'd get to know each other, again," he answers, stepping into his office.

Kate surveys her surroundings. It doesn't take her long for her eyes to land on Bruce's exoskeletal suit, "You know, the Bruce I knew wore a different kind of suit," she discloses.