VII. F - Chapter 141: "Time is something we don't have,"

Earth-616

Avengers Compound

The heroes, all with sorrowful expressions, made their way to the deck overlooking, a serene and calming lack-side view.

Tony and Steve sat in the shade, while Thor, Professor Hulk, Clint, and Scott stood. With his  eyes staring emptily at his fingers, Tony asks, "Do we know if she had any family?"

Steve swallows, "Yeah, Us," he says unable to lift his gaze up off the floor.

Maneuvering his body  towards Tony, Thor's eyes travel from Steve to Tony and back to Steve in  a matter of seconds before questioning, "What?" With narrowing eyes,  Thor places his hands on his hips in a threatening manner.

     "Uh,"

    "What do-" Thor stutters before being cut off by Tony.

    "I was just asking a question," Tony explains.

     "Yeah, No," Thor denies, "Your acting like she's dead. Why are we acting like she's dead?  We have the stones, right? as long as we have the stones, cap, we can bring her back...Isn't that right?" He pesters, "so, stop this sh*t,  we're the avengers, get it together," he fights through gritted teeth.

     "We can't get her back," Clint says, his arms folded across his chest.

     "Ta-ta-ttt...What?" Thor stutters, turning his attention back and forth between Clint and Tony.

     "Can't be undone, Can't" Clint says, his head nodding back and forth.

Thor breaks out in laughter, fueled with denial, "I'm sorry, no offense, but you're a very earthly being. We're talking about space magic. And Can't seems very definitive, Don't you think?... Did I mention, I saw Loki and Sarah on Asgard? both of whom are dead,"

     "Yeah, look. I know I am way outside my pay-grade here, but she still isn't back yet, is she?"

      "That's my point,"

      "It can't be undone," Clint repeats sternly, "Or that's at least what the red, floating guy had to say," His anger began to escalate, "Maybe you want to talk to him! okay?! Go grab your hammer and you fly and you go talk to him" Clint takes a few calming breaths, "It was supposed to be me,"  he whimpers, "Sacrificed her life for that goddamn stone. She bet her life on it,"

In a fit of anger,  Professor Hulk throws a bench across the lake, "She's not coming back.  We have to make it worth it...We have to,"

Sarah teleports in, along with Pietro, Elongated-Man, Iris, Ray Palmer, Diana, Bruce,  Arthur, Cyborg, and J'onn. She smiles when she sees her father, but it quickly turns into confusion when she sees so few of her friends. "J'onn, where is everyone?" she asks.

     "They're the only ones left. Five years ago, Thanos erased half of your universe,"

     "Where's Wanda?" Pietro questions, a little too loud for everyone's liking. They now had ten pairs of eyes staring at them.

Steve furrows his eyebrows, he honestly couldn't believe what he was seeing, "Sarah?" he breathes out.

     "It's really me," Sarah whispers.

Steve waited five years to hold his daughter again and he wasn't missing the opportunity.

     "That's her dad?" Elongated-Man whispers over to J'onn, "He looks so young,"

Sarah laughs after overhearing him, "Did I not mention I was born in 1945?"

     "Might've left that small detail out, 'Freedom,'