VI. Chapter 123: "Maybe it's his soul,"

Bruce began to word his idea, "The Kryptonian ship has an amniotic chamber which would be a perfect-"

Diana cuts him off with a firm, "No"

      "Diana?" Bruce questions in disbelief.

      "Bruce, no...You have no idea what kind of power you are dealing with,"

Bruce is persistent, "Even if there's a fraction of a chance-"

     "-That what? That we could raise a monster like Luthor did?"

     "We have tech Luther has never seen," Bruce argues.

    "Superman is dead," Diana crosses her arms, "We all wish he weren't," She says sadly.

Bruce steps towards her, "We don't know what state he's in...We know we can't bring him back," He points to the Mother Box, "but this is science beyond our limits. And that's what science is for. To do what's never been done before. To make life better."

     "Or to end it. Technology is like any other power. Without reason, without heart, it destroys us...You're risking lives. Theirs," she looks to the people around her, "and maybe countless more," Diana says with much wisdom and power in her statement.

Bruce voice gets lower,"We don't have time for a control group. Is it a risk? Yes. But it's necessary," he straines to get his point accross.

Everyone in the room, just keeping their eyes on Bruce's and Diana's confrontation, that's slowly begining to heat up.

     "Why, because of your guilt?" Snaps Diana.

Her patience is wearing thin.

She takes a deep breath before speaking again, trying to calm her emotions, "Bruce, Sarah and I was there. You didn't kill Superman. At some point even you have to learn to move on,"

     "Sarah can't, so, how can I?..." Bruce says shaking his head perfusely.

He then narrows his eyes, now questioning her statment, "Steve Trevor tell you that?"

He intstantly regrets bringing up Steve's name. With out even second thought Diana clenches her fist and punches Bruce in the stomach. Bruce skids backwards into the platform Barry as standing on.

Barry leaves a streak of lightning as he gets of the platform, Arthur, Victor and J'onn also moves out of the way

Bruce Clears his throat, "Superman was a beacon to the world. Why aren't you? You're an inspiration, Diana. You don't jut save people, you make them see their better selves. And yet, I'd never heard of you until Luthor lured you out by stealing a picture of your dead boyfriend. You shut yourself down for a century so let's not talk about me moving on," he finishes narrow her eyes.

Barry eyes the cituation, looking around the room, "You know that if she kills you, we'll cover for her,"

     "We are not enough," Bruce shouts.

Bruce looks arounf the room, "Each of us, in our own way, is held back. And, I promise you, Steppenwolf is not out there talking about ethics. He's trying to burn down the world. The way we're going to stop him is by using his power, This power," he points to the mother box, "against him."

     "I agree," Victor interupts, everyone turn towards him, "I don't like the idea of reintegrating with the Mother Box, but I was running the numbers while you were being an asshole, and there is a high probability that we can bring him back,"

     "Right, right," Barry pipes in, "But we mean bring him back in like a, 'Yay, he's back!' way, not in like a," He swallows his fear, "Pet Sematary scenario?"

     "You lose something when you die," J'onn says, "Even Superman, Maybe it won't be his mind. Maybe it's his soul,"

     "I have a contingency plan for that,"

One thing crosses J'onn's mind when Bruce thinks of his plan.

J'onn sighs.

A cautioned Diana slips past Bruce, "If he wakes up and you're the first thing he sees you'll need one," she says eyeing him.