𝙸. Chapter 14: " This is S.H.I.E.L.D? "

With a sympathetic expression, he continues, "It doesn't matter what you did or what she did, or what you guys were. If you go out there, you fight, and you fight to kill...Stay in here, you're good, but I am going back out there because it's my job. Either one of you step through those doors, then you are not only an Avenger," he then faces Sarah and says, " but you're family," Hawkeye says in a firm voice.

Clint nods. "All right. Good chat," he says standing up, notching an arrow, "Yeah, the city is flying," he mumbles before kicking the door.

"Wanda, when we were with hydra you always looked at me for direction...I want you to make your own decisions now. If you want to be an avenger, then I'm with you till the end of the line," Sarah says and Wanda smiles as they stand up,

"The rest of them are yours, go get 'em," Wanda steps out, an aura of red around her as she shot a beam of energy in the direction of an iron legion. Without even looking she tore one in half. Several others glowed red and exploded.

Sarah grins, joining the fight aiming her daggers at the mass of unending robots.

"All right, we're all clear here," Clint speaks into comms once his arrow lands in the last robot,

"We are not clear!" Steve yelled, the clanging of metal echoing through my earpiece. "We are very not clear!" Steve grunted, sounding worse for wear.

"All right, coming to you," Sarah says about to teleport when a familiar feeling of weightlessness takes over her,

Placing her down near the bridge, he smiles at her,

"You forgot Wanda," Sarah smiles back,

"I didn't forget her, I can be there and back before you notice I'm gone,"

"You're fast, I know,"

Glancing at her, he squints his eyes before asking, "I'm the fastest," He retorts, "When this is all over, will you let me take you out on a date?"

Her smile never faltered when she replies, "Yes,"

Steve looks over to the couple, hearing every bit of their conversation through comms,

"Your Comms are hot," Tony blurts. "Cap, he just asked your daughter on a date without your permission, what are you going to do about it?"

"Nothing!" He replies angrily smashing his shield into a robot while the couple watches.

"Not my fault, I don't know how these things work. I put in my ear and suddenly I hear everyone no one tells me I can shut my voice off,"

Laughing Sarah replies, "Here" touching the comm that's in his ear.

"You just touch it, and they can't hear your voice anymore...till you touch it again, now go get Wanda," Sarah says watching Pietro disappear.

"Sarah!" Captain America yells giving her the heads up. He throws his shield in her direction and she uses it to ram a robot, that flys towards the Black Widow and she uses her Electric batons to finish him.

"You don't have another one of these shields lying around, right?"

"It's one of kind," Captain America says.

The higher the city got, the more the mist obstructed everyone's view.

Walking through the rubble,  "The next wave's gonna hit any minute. What do you got Stark?" Steve asks Iron man.

"Well, nothing great. Maybe a way to blow up the city. That'll keep it from impacting the surface if you guys can get clear," Tony replied quietly.

Steve placed the woman he was carrying down before picking his shield back up, "I asked for a solution, not an escape plan," he clarifies.

"Impact radius is getting bigger every second. We're gonna have to make a choice," Tony says.

As they approached Natasha, she turned to them. "Cap, these people are going nowhere. If Stark finds a way to blow this rock..." she trails off and everyone knew what she was saying.

Steve wasn't giving up, "Not until everyone's safe, " He says,

Natasha looked at him like he was crazy. "Everyone up here versus everyone down there? There's no math there," She states.

"We're not leaving this rock with one civilian on it," Captain America says,

Natasha looks to Sarah "I'm with him. We have to try to save everyone up here or we don't leave at all," Sarah says,

Natasha sighs, "I didn't say we should leave," She says in frustration, "I mean, there's worse ways to go. Where else am I gonna get a view like this?" looking out to the horizon.

"I'm glad you like the view Romanoff," Sarah hears an unfamiliar voice in her earpiece. "It's about to get better."

Sarah eyes the helicarrier in awe as it hovers alongside the city. "Nice, right? Pulled her out of mothballs with a couple old friends. She's dusty, but she'll do,"

Steve smiled. "Fury, you son of a b*tch."

"Ooh, you kiss your mother with that mouth?" Fury questionably mocks.

Sarah watches as one of the hangar bays opens up and several S.H.I.E.L.D. lifeboats fly out, heading directly for the floating city.

Suddenly, Pietro appears next to Sarah in a blur of blue motion once again his arms finds her waist and he pulls her into him in a protective way, "This is Shield?" he asks.

Steve nods, "This is what Shield's supposed to be."

"This is not so bad," Pietro says, Steve tries not to watch the moves he's making on his daughter.

Two of the lifeboats slowly descended to hover alongside the city, extending ramps for civilians to board. Steve, Sarah, Nat, and Pietro ushers everyone out from the protection of the buildings and towards the lifeboats for evacuation.

As the people filed on board, several SHIELD personnel exited, holding rifles, preparing to defend the civilians. Dozen's of Ultron's robotic puppets round the corner, "Thor! I got a plan!" Tony announces through comms.

"We're out of time. They're coming for the core," Thor, the God of Thunder replies.

"Avengers, time to work for a living," Tony says.

➽──────────❥

END NOTE

I hope you guys liked the chapter and If you did would you consider leaving a comment and voting, thank you