i.Chapter 13: "This is all our fault"

All the Avengers were ready for battle, geared up on the Quinjet. Steve's pep talk playing through the minds of the team, "Ultron knows we're coming. Odds are we'll be riding into heavy fire. And that's what we signed up for. But the people of Sokovia, they didn't. So our priority is getting them out. All they want is to live their lives in peace, and that's not going to happen today. But we can do our best to protect them. And we can get the job done, and find out what Ultron's been building. We find Romanoff, and we clear the field. Keep the fight between us. Ultron thinks we're monsters and we're what's wrong with the world. This isn't just about beating him. It's about whether he's right."

The Quinjet lands in Sokovia and the Avengers begin their work to safely move the civilians out of the city. Sarah was assigned to help Pietro spread the word about evacuating.

Wanda uses her powers to compel the civilians to move out of the city, While Sarah teleports into the central police station, "We're under attack! You have to clear the city!" She says, Sarah stayed for a brief second watching the police do nothing, "Now," rolling her eyes she teleports out.

"I guess they didn't believe what I said,"

"I have an idea," he replies speeding inside grabbing a rifle from a nearby police officer and sends a concentrated burst of bullets into the ceiling. Before he says, "Get off your asses!"

Sarah could hear everything he was doing and in the brief second of her laughter, she found his arm around her waist, "our job is done," she replies watching the people of Sokovia leaving their homes then finds his eyes before leaning in for a kiss.

Iron mans flying all over the City, trying to find the location of ultron
"High readings in the church boss," F.R.I.D.A.Y tells Tony, "Ultron is most likely there. 97% probability rating,"

Iron Man drops down in the middle of the church.

"Come to confess your sins?" Ultron asks from the shadows.

"Don't know, how much time to you got?" Iron Man questions.

"More time than you." Ultron says appearing in front of Iron Man in an upgraded robotic form. Iron man takes notice and asks,"Um....have you been juicing?" taken back by Ultron's new form, "Vibranium cocktail, maybe? I don't want to say you're looking puffy, but you should really cut down,"

"You're stalling," Ultron says. "To protect the people?"

"That is the mission, did you forget?" Iron Man says reminding Ultron what he was originally programmed for.

"I've moved beyond your mission, I'm free now." Ultron says summoning a machine in the middle of the church, "What? Did you think you were the only one stalling?" He questions.

"This is the remaining vibranium stolen." F.R.I.D.A.Y says when she gets the results of Iron Man's scan. "Though it's function is still unclear,"

"This is how you end, Tony." Ultron said. "This is peace in my time."

Ultron's robotic puppets are unleashed into the city. Coming out of basically everything. Attacking the escaping civilians.

They stopped before their lips meet., "You Spoke to soon," looking up they both saw Ultron's robots flying over the city of Sokovia

"Let's go fight some killer robots," Sarah says,

"Don't die," Pietro says like he wanted her to promise that to him, smiling up jokingly Sarah says, "You either," And they parted ways,

Pietro swerves through the city attacking the robots at an unimaginable speed, while Sarah locates Wanda. Sarah appears just in time to see Wanda creating a red energy barrier to perfect herself and some civilizations from the robots that are shooting at them, "Hey!" She hell's getting the robot's attention, "I have magic too,"

Much like when Wanda uses her powers, her eyes glow red, but Sarah's eyes hold a different shade, a vibrant blue, becoming more vibrant than her own as a weapon like daggers become visible in her hands.

"Do you see, the beauty of it," Ultron said broadcasting from every one of his robot clones.

Hawkeye and Sarah shoot the Robot that is broadcasting Ultron's voice, but It's just replaced by another one, "The invertibility of your existence? You rise only to fall. You Avengers, are my meteor. Your swift sword swings against me and the Earth will crack under the weight of your failure. Purge me from your computer, turn my own flesh against me. It means nothing. When the dust settles, the only thing living will be metal." Wanda, hiding behind a car with terror in her eyes as she looks up at Ultron's iron legion.

Sarah continues to fire her daggers at the robots saving Hawkeye a couple of times,

"I think you're losing your touch, 'Hawkeye', you're missing a few," Sarah says,

"I can't have all of them to myself, that wouldn't be fair to you"

"Very modest of you,"

"Stark you worry about bringing the city back down safely. The rest of us have one job, tear these things apart. You get hurt, hurt 'em back. You get killed...Walk it off," Steve orders through comms.

     Teleporting on one of the robot's back, Sarah pulls out a dagger and slices its metal head clean off and she lands gracefully. She gets one more dagger into a robot before Wanda and Hawkeye went into hiding after being surrounded.

"How could I let this happen?" Wanda mumbles crawling around for cover.

"Wanda, what's wrong?" Sarah asks seeing her panic.

"This is all our fault," Wanda cries,

"Hey look at us," Sarah grabs Wanda's shoulder trying to steady her breathing, then Clint began to say, "It's your fault, it's everyone's fault. Who cares? Are you up for this? Are you? Look, I just need to know,"

"Okay. Look, the city is flying, we're fighting an army of robots and I have a bow and arrow," he paused as some robots fired blasts at us. He aimed an arrow and shot them through a hole.

"None of this makes sense. But I'm going back out there because it's my job. Okay? And I can't do my job and babysit,"

➽──────────❥

END NOTE

I hope you guys liked the chapter and If you did would you consider leaving a comment and voting, thank you