ii. Chapter 46: " Tony Stank "

Wakanda

Bucky smiled at them before closing his eyes as the glass cylinder formed around him. It closes and Lockes. He was soon sent into deep slumber.

"Thank you for this," Steve mummers sincerely

T'Challa just nods once, taking a glance at Sarah, "Your daughter, Your friend and my father, they are victims," He answers seriously, "If I can help even one of them to find peace..." He trails off meaningfully and Steve nods.

"You know, if they find out they're here, they'll come for them," Steve warns and T'Challa glanced at him before looking back out, "Then, let them try." He answers firmly, staring out the window. Steve also looked at where T'Challa had been looking, staring at the panther monument long after T'Challa had turned and left, walking off down the hallway.

Sarah sighs, taking another deep breath before she says, "My turn,"

"It'll be alright," Steve promises.

"Still doesn't stop me from being scared, these things freak me out,"

"Sarah Roger's weakness, Cryo tubes," He jokes trying to lighten the mood.

"Not funny," She states firmly, "I've been in these things most my life. I haven't got to live," She mumbles.

"They'll take care of you here,"

Her eyebrows furrow, "That line sounds like you're leaving,"

"I got to go get our team," Steve replies.

"Then I'll come with you,"

"No." He says sternly. "you have to stay here,"

"Well, how do you bloody expect to break into a place like that," she screams.

- ✪ -

Tony glanced back just as an elderly mail man knocks on the glass door, "Are you," the man called as he squints his eyes trying to find the name on the package through his sunglasses, "Tony 'Stank'?" he questions,

Tony's frown was now one of annoyance, while Rhodey snorts "Yes, this is-this is Tony 'Stank'! You're in the right place. Thank you for that!" He exclains in amusment.

Tony turned to Rhodey, glaring with playful irritation, "I'm never dropping that, by the way," Rhodey grins

"Oh, my god." Tony mutters under his breath, scratching his head in embarrassment.

while Rhodey continued his joking rant, "Table for one, Mr. 'Stank'. Please, by the bathroom,"

Tony laughed, it couldn't be helped.

Tony went to collect the package and waved off the deliveryman. His smile fell when Tony opened the package. Hefinds an old cell phone and a letter addressed to him. His face drawn to the letter, as he slumps into his office chair.

It reads:

'Tony I am glad you're back at the compound. I don't like the idea of you rattling around a mansion by yourself. We all need family. The Avengers are yours, maybe more so than mine. I've been on my own since I was 18. I never really fit in anywhere, even in the army. My faith is in people, I guess. Individuals. And I'm happy to say that, for the most part, they haven't let me down. Which is why I can't let them down either. Locks can be replaced, but maybe they shouldn't. I know I hurt you, Tony. I guess I thought by not telling you about your parents I was sparing you, but I can see now that I was really sparing myself, and I'm sorry. Hopefully one day you can understand. I wish we agreed on the Accords, I really do. I know you're doing what you believe in, and that's all any of us can do. That's all any of us should...' Tony smiles a little before being interrupted by F.R.I.D.A.Y. "Priority call from Secretary Ross," she I nforms him, "There's been a breach at the RAFT prison,"

"Yeah, put him through," Tony replies.

"Tony, we have a problem," Secutary Ross says urgently.

"Ah, please hold," Tony interrupts reaching over to the phone.

"No." Ross argues, "Don't-" he warns, but Tony ignores him pressing the hold button, watching the little red light beep with a smug expression.

His eyes returning to the last part of Steve's letter, 'So, no matter what, I promise you. If you need us, we'll be there, I'll be there,"

- ✪ -

EPILOGUE

Months Later

WAKANDA

Sarah spots a handful of familiar children whispering and giggling leaving a hut. When they notice Sarah and Shuri, the three children run over to embrace them. Sarah smiles as they surround them.

"Are you playing around with my friend?" Sarah questions,

In a sing song voice, "No," they answer, giggling,

"You're were teasing him again, weren't you?" Shuri questions joining in their laughter.

They're voices fade when Sarah sees Bucky.

Shuri gives a small smile and motions to the children to run along, "Go. Go!" She says, the children ventures off before Bucky could reach them.

"Good morning Sergeant Barnes,"

"Bucky," He responds.

"How are you feeling?," Shuri asks,

"She asked me the same thing, don't worry," Sarah cuts in.

"I'm feeling...good," he responds to Shuri and turns to Sarah, "You seem to be doing alright, as well?"

"Yep. Same as yesterday and the day before that and the day before that,"

"I think he gets it," Shuri responds with a smile,

     Bucky takes a time to think before he says, "Thank you for helping us,"

Smiling, in response to his graditude Shuri pats his arm, "Come you two. There's much for you to learn,"

"We already been here for a couple months Shuri, what more can we learn?" Sarah trails off.