V. Chapter 96: "that is a good grip!"

Clark and Sarah's apartment

Metropolis, Delaware

The day came and went, Clark was busy tying his tie when Sarah steps out in a gorgeous, off the shoulder dress. She was definitely going to stand out, The dress was a blinding yellow.

 She was definitely going to stand out, The dress was a blinding yellow

Clark eyes land on her and couldn't bare to look away, "Wow. You look...beautiful," he says at a loss for words

     "And you look like your...everyday self," Her smile turns into laughter, "It's a good look," she teases walking up to him.

Sarah finishes tying his tie.

     "I could've tied it," he points out.

     "I know," trailing her hand down his tie.

༻✦༺

Lex Luthor's Mansion

Metropolis, Delaware

Dozens of reporter cameras were going off at once. A car stops at the beginning of the red carpet. Bruce steps out taking a single, deep breath. He quickly puts on a fake smile, and waves to the crowd of reporters.

     "-That's him right there!"

     "-There he is! Get a shot!"

      "-Bruce, over here!"

     "-Bruce, Bruce,"

      "-Mr. Wayne!"

     "-Right here, one second,"

It was never ending. Bruce made his way into Luthor's mansion, ignoring the reporter's.

     "Who's that?" Clark asks.

     "You must be new to the let them eat cake beat. That is-"

Sarah cuts the reporter off, "Bruce Wayne," she finishes.

Clark looks to her questionably, "I've met him, briefly. His views on us aren't good," She mumbles so only he can hear, "I wonder if he feels the same way about the Bat vigilante?"

- ✦ -

"Philanthropist, bibliophile, and true friend to Metropolis. Mr. Lex Luthor," A women standing at the podium announces.

The crowd in front of him parts, "Me? Ah. Okay," He holds his hands up in defeat, before reaching the stage.

Clark and Sarah follow in suit with the guests and start clapping their hands ever so slightly,

"Nicky. You're embarrassing me," He says placing a kiss on her cheek.

Clark and Sarah follow in suit with the guests and start clapping their hands ever so slightly.