𝐈𝐈𝐈. Chapter 49: "Like the Beatles?"

Sanctum Sanctorum

Manhattan, New York City

     "Tell me his name again?" Tony questions his hand on his chin.

Bruce walked over to him."Thanos," he replies, "He's a plague. He invades planets. He takes what he wants. He wipes out half the population. He sent Loki. The attack on New York that was him." 

Tony stands up, taking a deep breath, "What's our timeline?" He asks.

     "No telling. He has the Power and Space Stones. That already makes him the strongest creature in the universe. If he gets his hands on all six stones, Tony..." Dr. Strange cut Bruce off.

     "He could destroy life on a scale hitherto undreamt of," 

Tony starts to stretch, "Did you seriously just say "hitherto undreamt of"?" he questions leaning against the cauldron of the cosmos.

     "Are you seriously leaning on the Cauldron of the Cosmos?" Dr. Strange shot back. His cloak nocking Tony's hand away from the cauldron.

     "I'm going to allow that," Tony says, eyeing the cloak, "If Thanos needs all six why don't we just stick this one down a garbage disposal." He pointed at the one that hung around Dr. Strange's neck.

     "No can do." Dr. Strange dismisses shaking his head.

     "We swore an oath to protect the Time Stone with our lives," Wong explains.

     "And I swore off dairy, but then Ben & Jerry's named a flavor after me," 

     "Stark-Raving Hazelnuts," Dr. Strange mumbles.

     "No Bad," Tony defends.

     "A bit chalky," Strange replies.

     "A Hunk of Hulk of Burning Fudge is our favorite," Wong says

Bruce looks over to wong, "That's a thing?" He asks.

     "Whatever. Point is things change." Tony says, turning back to Dr. Strange.

    "Our oath to protect the Time Stone cannot change. And this stone may be the best chance we have against Thanos,"

     "Yeah, so conversely, it may also be his best chance against us," Tony's voice rising slightly.

     "Well, if we don't do our jobs-" Dr. Strange tried to explain, but Tony cut him off.

     "What is your job exactly? Besides making balloon animals." Tony says sarcastically.

     "Protecting your reality." Dr. Strange remarks.

     "Okay, guys. Could we table this discussion right now? The fact is we have this stone. We know where it is. Vision is out there somewhere with the Mind Stone, and we have to find him now," Tony closes his eyes, "Yeah, that's the thing." Tony begins and Bruce looks at him questionably, "What do you mean?" He asks

Tony opens his eyes, "Two weeks ago, Vision turned off his transponder. He's offline."

     "What!" Bruce yells.

     "Yeah," Tony says.

     "Tony, you lost another super-bot?" Bruce exaggerates. 

     "I didn't lose him. He's more than that He's evolving." Tony defends.

     "Who could find him then?" Dr. Strange asked. 

    "Probably Steve Rogers," Tony mumbles, "Maybe...But,"  Dr. Strange and Wong let out a loud groan.

     "Call him then," Bruce says.

     "It's not that easy," Tony turns to look at him, "We haven't caught up in a spell, have we? The Avengers broke up, We're toast." Tony finishes plainly.

      "Broke up like a-like a band. Like the Beatles?" Bruce questions, "Cap, and I fell out hard. We're not on speaking terms," Tony finishes.

     "Tony, listen to me. Thor's gone. Thanos is coming. It doesn't matter who you're talking to or not. We need Vison and Steve is the one person that can help us," Bruce concludes.

Tony reaches his hand in his pocket, grabbing the phone Steve sent him. He looks down at it and shakes his head before flipping it open.

The objects in the Sanctum begins to rattle, He looks over at the others and his eyes lands on Doctor Strange's hair, "Say, doc, you wouldn't happen to be moving your hair would ya?" Dr. Strange looks around, "Not at the moment," He replies. The noise continues.

The rumbling sound got louder. Everyone then looks at the front door. The screams of panic coming from the streets alert them, even more.

Tony, Doctor Strange, Wong, and Bruce step out of the Sanctum. People running up the block in fear. A woman falls pushed down by the wind, "You okay?" Tony asked as he helped the woman up, who would continue to run away. Tony then saw a car crash nearby. "Help him!"

     "Banner!" Wong calls

     "Wong! Look alive!" Tony says.

     "Go, go! We got it!" Bruce says to Tony.

Tony puts a pair of sunglasses on, "Friday, what am I looking at?" Tony asks

     "Not sure. I'm working on it," F.R.I.D.A.Y. replies.

Tony turns to Doctor Strange, "Hey! You might wanna put that Time Stone in your back pocket, Doc!" Tony said.

     "Might wanna use it," Stephen remarks, Summoning bands of spells around his forearms

Tony looks at the nearby intersection but had to take cover as a large piece of debris flew across the intersection. Once clear, Tony and Doctor Strange walk down the street and look up to see the Q-Ship hovering over them.