𝐈𝐈𝐈. Chapter 56: "The stone is...scared"

Vision and Wanda's Room

Scotland

Vision stood by his window, a clap of thunder draws his attention. He opens the blinds to get better look outside. To any other person he'd look human, but underneath that facade he's still a robot, a robot that's mastered the ability to change his appearance.

Suddenly, a pain surges through his head. He gently felt the mind stone and as he did one word screamed out at him, 'danger,' the word played on repeat, consuming his thoughts.

Wanda, who's drinking a cup of hot chocolate on their bed, looks up from her newspaper. Strangely enough she not only heard the stone, but also felt what it felt and it feels scared.

     "Vis? Is it the stone again?" she asks.

     "It's speaking to me," he mutters.

Wanda sets down her hot chocolate and walks over to him, "What is it saying?" she asks.

     "I'm not sure," he says as she walks up to him, looking concerned. After a moment, he gestures to the Stone and asks, "Can you...?"

Wanda complies, reaching up with her hand and using her powers to try and read the Mind Stone, "I just feel you," she says trying to avoid his gaze,

     "No." He mutters, "You feel it too," he takes a brief pause before saying, "The stone is...scared,"

     "Scared of what?" Wanda questions.

They stare into each other's eyes. Their eyes that once held much worry moments ago, now held affection. Vision leans in, placing his lips upon hers. His hands unknowingly touches the sides of her face. The rain was ever so slightly calming there thoughts. This was the last moment they had before Vision had to return to stark.

⋆ ✪ ⋆

They near the entrance to the train station, "So, there's a 10 AM to Glasgow. It would help get you back tomorrow night," Wanda replies

     "What if I miss that train?" Vision asks.

     "Well, there's an 11," Wanda says.

     "What if I missed all the trains? What if this time I don't go back?" Vision asks and Wanda stops him and looks up in confusion, "What do you mean? Stark is expecting you back. You gave him your word," she points out.

     "I'd rather give it to you,"

     "Well, there are people expecting me too, you know. We both made promises,"

     "Not to each other," He says lightly placing his hands on her shoulders, trailing them up her neck before resting them on her cheeks. "Wanda, for two years we've stolen these moments trying to see if this would work," I smile forms on his face when he starts to stumble with his words, "I think-I-I-"

     "It works"
     "-It works,"

They smile into a closer embrace, "stay," he whispers, "stay with me," he finishes.

Her smile fades, her brows furrows, her attention lands on television in the store front window, Vision, on the other hand worried he pushed too far, "or not, if I'm overstepping..." He starts to say until he followers her gaze and movements.

     "What are they?" Wanda questions, the clips showing the black order in New York.

     "What the Stone was warning us about," Vision says, now very serious.

     "You think Sarah knows?" Wanda questions.

The video changes, A female news anchor reporting the headline saying 'Tony Stark missing'. Vision turns to Wanda, gently pulling her nervous hand away from her face and kisses it, "I have to go," he says,