VII A- Chapter 143: "Good...Now run, Barry...Run,"

Vanishing Point

Out of an unidentifiable number of people, only ten remain, and These ten so-called paragons, are supposed to be the multiverses last, best chance, however, The Paragon of Destiny doesn't believe in tomorrow anymore. The Paragon of Courage spends everyday working herself to the bone, training for a fight that may never come. The Paragon of Unity has distanced herself from everyone. The Paragon of Love is just...Missing. The Paragon of Reality no longer has control of her emotions. The Paragon of Honor meditates, for hours on end. The Paragon of Hope has lost hers, The Paragon of humanity keeps himself busy, trying to repurpose the broken technology and find a way out. The Paragon of justice, He's anything but. And The Paragon of Truth has a strong desire to help everyone, but she doesn't know-how.

Seven of the ten Paragons make their way towards Vision and Lex Luther. Sarah happened to be nearby, listening in.

     "What you guys building modern art now?" Sara questions crossing her arms while she awaits an answer.

    "It is not Art, Ms. Lance," Vision replies simply, "Mr. Luther and I have been repurposing the technology left behind by the Time Masters,"

     "What's it do?"

      "It's a teleportation device since our very own teleporter hasn't been much help," Lex Luther says, gesturing towards the figure in the corner.

For the first time in a week, Sarah decided to join in on a conversation. She never passes up on telling Lex Luther off, "And where would I teleport too?!"

     "Sarah makes a good point, there is no, there, out there, anymore," J'onn replied.

     "Doesn't hurt for somebody to test it," Sara says looking over to everyone.

J'onn looks over to Sarah, still sitting all by her lonesome, "I'll go," he offers.

Sarah scuffs into a standing position, "No. We lost too many good people already," she turns her attention to Lex, "Thanks for volunteering,"

Lex looks up from his pad, blinking a couple of times before his eyes land on Sarah, "Well that's very cold," he tilts his head, "is it because I killed the parallel reality version of your fiancé?" He asks.

Sarah, not letting Lex get to her, looks to vision, "Start it up vis,"

Wanda sucks in a deep breath, causing Sarah's head to turn and look at her, "I'm sorry," she mutters apologetically.

     "It's okay, you didn't mean to," Wanda whispers in return. She closes her fists. Not in anger, but fear. Fear of losing control of her powers.

Lex passes the tablet over to Vision and gets on the platform.

     "If this works-" Sara Lance begins.

Sarah rolls her eyes, "It's not," she mumbles underneath her breath.

     "-We get out of here. We defeat the anti-monitor. We find a way to get all the people we lost back..." Kara says, and for that brief moment in time her Hope had returned

Each of the nine paragons stood, watching and waiting for something to happen. And something did, but it wasn't what any of them were hoping for.

Sparks flew as the machine powered down. Lex Luther expressed frustration as he stepped off the platform.

J'onn held his head low, along with most of the other paragons, "perhaps it was too much to hope for,"

     "Is there some way you guys can make it work?"