𝙸. Chapter 12: "She's my daughter,"

"Nice shirt," Sarah said coming up behind Pietro and wrapping her arms around his neck.

"I missed this," he says turning around to face Sarah, his hand brushing against her cheek.

"How many times did we fall in love?"

"Too many times to count," he says grabbing a red leather jacket from the storage closet and says, "Wanda" getting her attention away from Vision and Thor before throwing the jacket in her direction.

"We're supposed to be getting ready,"

"I know," looking down at the red jacket,

Walking around the storage area Sarah spots Clint, with a photo in his hand. She catches a glance at his family before he hides the picture sensing her presence.

"What do you want?" Clint asks.

"...Is that your family?" She questions.

Turning his head slowly, Clint looks behind him and is now facing Sarah.

"Yeah, what's it to you?"

"Nothing, I just thought-"

"Thought what?...that you and I are friends now cause we're getting ready together?"

"No. No...I'm sorry...I know that family is important to some people-" she whispers

"Steve knows that you're his daughter," Clint blurts out,

"What?" She questioned then rolled her eyes, "Of course he knows," she whispers trying to rid herself from thinking about Hydra and how Steve is the reason she was raised by them and not him.

Wanda watches as Sarah passes by her, "Sarah still thinks it's her father's fault she was raised by hydra," Wanda replies getting a glimpse of her thoughts.

"Who's fault is that?" Pietro questions accusing Wanda." "Imagine having them as a family, and not remember how you got there" Pietro says.

"Pietro, they shouldn't even be called her family. We're her family," Wanda says,

"I'm her boyfriend," Pietro remarks, "-and family wouldn't keep memories from each other,"

"You haven't told her either,"

"That is your job, you're the only one who can return those memories,"

Tony, Steve, and Bruce were standing together, discussing the plan. "No way we all get through this," Tony says. "If even one tin soldier is left standing, we've lost. It's gonna be blood on the floor."

"I got no plans tomorrow night," Steve jokes lighthearted, then his eyes fall to his daughter who is roaming the tower. She looks and feels so out of place, "I'll be right back," Steve mutters,

"I get the first crack at the big guy," Tony announces, his voice fades from steves ears the further he got from them.

"Iron Man's the ones he's waiting for."

Suddenly, Vision was walking into the same room and passed the small group, overhearing the conversation. "That's true, he hates you the most," Tony makes a face and looks at the back of Visions head, shaking his head slightly before his eyes land on the heated conversation between Steve and Sarah.

"You okay?" Steve asks with concern in his voice.

"Yeah," She replies.

"Good, Now we need to have a very important conversation,"

"What conversation?" She questions crossing her arms,

"I know you know so, stop this act,"

"All ready acting like my father," She said rolling her eyes then continued to question him, "Where was this when I was five and raised by Hydra?!... Do you know what they made me do? who they had me kill?"

"You blame me?" he asks in realization.

"Yes. I blame you and I blame her,"

"Your mother?"

Nodding her head, Sarah looks down "When my memories came back, she was there and this other guy was there all the time, but you weren't...and all she'd talk about was how good-hearted my father was, but how can a good-hearted father leave their daughter?"

"I didn't even know about you, until today," He explains.

"your father saved millions of people...he's a hero," Peggy's voice played through her head.

"You died," she says in realization, "you're supposed to be dead. that's why you weren't there, that's why you didn't know about me,"

"There was a plane. Carrying bombs, headed for millions of people. I had no choice but to crash it into the Arctic. I awoke almost 70 years later,"

"...so, its mom's fault,"

"Okay, this blame game needs to stop...I know your mother and she wouldn't give you up without a fight."

"I can't remember that day, so how do I know?"

"You gotta take my word for it, and if the memory comes back, you'll thank me,"

Steve then asks, "What did she name you?" the question just popping up in his head. "Do you know?" he questions when there was silence. "Yeah, she named me after your mom-"

"-Sarah"

"-Sarah"

They both replied simultaneously, Steve smiles. "I'm guessing you're happy with that name?" "Yeah," he says taking a brief pause, "Are we on good terms now?" he questions,

"Don't expect me to call you dad anytime soon,"

"Why would you be calling Capisle here 'dad'?"

"Have you been listening in to our conversation?" Steve asks,

"When do I not listen to other people's conversation? now, why would you not 'expect her to call you dad, anytime soon'?"Tony asks putting air quotes around what he repeated.

"She's my daughter," Steve admits.

Stark begins to laugh, he stops when their serious faces continue, "you're not joking, When did this happen, how did this happen?"

"You know, when two people-" Sarah begins to say, "Sarah," Steve says eyeing his daughter before she says, "Sorry,"

"This is great, Just great...who's your mother?" Tony asks turning to Sarah,

"Don't answer that," Steve says,

"I actually don't know her name,"

Steve turns his attention to his comms, "Okay, I think Natasha has been with the enemy long enough, is everyone ready?" and walks away.

"Must be a touchy subject, but, bet your bottom dollar, I'll figure it out," Tony says passing Sarah a spare comm.

➽──────────❥

END NOTE

*smile* I'd love to hear your comments :), If you enjoyed this chapter please consider voting too, Thank you.