IV. Chapter 77a: "To the Garden"

Authors Note

!WARNING!

Don't normally put the full curse word out there, I usually bleep part of the letters out, but the line that is said is really needed. I think you'll agree when you see it. ;).

Nebula began telling everyone her story, "Thanos spent a long time trying to perfect me and when he worked, he talked about his great plan. Even disassembled, I wanted to please him. I'd ask, 'where would you go once your plan was complete?'. His answer was always the same, 'To the Garden',"

     "That's cute," Rhodey says sarcastically, "Thanos has a retirement plan,"

     "So where is he then?" Steve asks circling the round table in-front of him while a hologram shows an image of earth,

     "When Thanos snapped his fingers," Rocket begins to explain, "Earth became ground zero for a power surge of ridiculously cosmic proportions. No one's ever seen anything like it... Until two days ago," the hologram slowly makes it's way to show another planet, "On this planet,"

     "Thanos is there," Nebula confirms.

     "Hey, Hey, Hey," Bruce says, grabbing everyone's attention, "We'd be going in short-handed, you know,"

      "Look, he's still got the stones, so..." Rocket trails on getting interrupted by Carol.

     "So let's get him," Carol suggests. "We'll use them to bring everyone back,"

     "Just like that?" asks Bruce.

     "Yeah," Steve nods his head, "just like that," Steve says.

     "Even if there's a small chance that we can undo this...I mean we owe it to everyone who's not in this room to try," Natasha says.

Steve frowns, he found his gaze on the floor after what natasha just said, knowing she was talking about Sarah aswell.

     "If we do this, how do we know it's gonna end any differently than it did before?" Bruce questions unconvinced

     "Because before, you didn't have me," Carol says with confidence.

Rhodey looks to Carol, "Hey, new girl," once he grabs her attention Everyone here is about that superhero life. And if you don't mind my asking, where the hell have you been all this time?"

     "There are a lot of other planets in the universe. And unfortunately, they didn't have you guys," Carol explains.

Rhodey nods, letting it slide. Steve smiles a little bit.

The God of Thunder, sitting by his lonesome, watching quietly as they conversed. Thor finally makes the initiative to join in and as he does the wooden chair squeaks alerting everyone.

Stomp

Stomp

Stomp

The silence, replaced by the sound that Thor's boots made as he inches closer to Carol. Carol turns around, they both stare down each other.

Thor narrows his eyes.

With the outstretch of his arm, stormbreaker passes over Carol's shoulder Just before it lands in Thor's awaiting hand.

She didn't move, nor flinch.

Thor smiles, "I like this one," he said smiling.

Steve stares at the holographic image of 'the garden' with determination he says, "Let's go get this son of a bitch!"