IV. Chapter 88: "I will rebuild Krypton,"

Black Zero

Metropolis, Kansas

Zod watched the liquid geo monitor as it finally indicated the location of the old scout ship, the one that had the Genesis Chamber.

"Faora," Zod calls.

Faora turns to him at the sound of her name, "Take command," General Zod orders.

"Yes, sir,"

"I need to secure the Genesis Chamber, "he continued, "and pay my respects to an old friend."

༻✦༺
Peterson Air Force Base

Colorado, USA

Colonel Nathan Hardy places his hand on the C-17's throttle, the acceleration on the thrust forces him back in his seat, "Guardian en route to Metropolis. Package in tow," Hardy says through his comms.

    "Be advised, F-35s inbound to rondeau point. You should have visual contact now,"

Hardy senses a presence and turns to see Lois. The F-35s come into view from the cockpit, They lead the way to Metropolis. From a distance Lois and Colonel Hardy can see the Black Zero ship and they share a knowing look.

༻✦༺

Fortress of Solitude

Arctic

Zod lands his vessel, just short of the scout ship. Seconds after Zod exits his craft, Cold arctic air hits his suit. The Sun's rays catches Zod attention, he looks at the palm of his hand before retracting his breather. Once again he finds himself disoriented after taking in earth's air.

General Zod twists his wrist back and forth. Being able to see through his hand was a strange experience. The ringing in his ear grew stronger, Zod shakes his head trying to rid himself of it. He closes his eyes and takes a deep, calming breath. Kal-el's words finding his way into Zod's thoughts:

      'My parents taught me to hone my senses,'

     'To focus on just what I wanted to see,'

When he opens his eyes, the ringing in his ear has stopped and his hand had turned back to normal.

General Zod smiles as he enters the Scout Ship.

He reaches the Genesis Chamber and Finds the port which he slips his command Key into, "Command Key accepted. Genesis Chamber is coming online, sir," The geo monitor alerts him.

The Consciousness of Jor-el appears behind him, "Stop this Zod. While there's still time"

General Zod turns around and blinks, "Haven't given up lecturing me, have you, even in death?" He spits.

" I will not let you use the codex like this,"

"You don't have the power to stop me. The command key I've entered is revoking your authority. This ship is now under my control.

༻✦༺

World Engine

Indian Ocean

Sarah could barely see the world engine Beneath the cloud of smoke and when Kal flies through it he begins to have a coughing fit. His grip on Sarah lessons, but she was able to teleport on top of the world engine before he could drop her.