V. Chapter 93: "The metahuman thesis?"

Met•a•hu•man

(n) A class of individuals that possess extraordinary powers, traits, and abilities through either accidents, foreign exposure, or a unique genetic composition, making them considerably more powerful than a normal human

➽───────────────❥

Kent's Apartment

Metropolis

Sarah's head shifted on her pillow, she smiles when a hand wraps around her mid-section. Now fully awake, Sarah flips to her other side staring directly into the eyes of Clark Kent. A wonderful way to wake up in the morning.

"I'm making breakfast, What would you like?" Clark asks and Sarah smiles at this gesture.

"Home-style breakfast, Sunny side up eggs," She answers, as if on cue her stomach rumbles making Clark and Sarah laugh.

"Coming right up," He says. In that quick second, Clark finds his lips on hers.

A slight blush rose to her cheeks. When they parted Clark notices and a smile, so pure and full of happiness, finds a home on his face.

Sarah watches him leave, Desperately using her to teeth to bite her lip to stop the smile that wants to form. She waited a few minutes before meeting up with Clark in the kitchen.

The sound of the eggs sizzling catches Sarah's attention, They look to be just about done, "Justice turned dark across the harbor-" Both Clark and Sarah turns their heads to the Television, "-when police found someone tortured and branded by the Gotham Bat," The two step closer. They're eyes glued to the report.

The Headline read: 'GOTHAM BAT'S DARK BRAND OF JUSTICE Masked Vigilante's latest punishment is shockingly Brutal,'

The reporter continues, Sarah and Clark listens,"The man is the second criminal found bearing the Bat Brand. The first victim, later was assaulted in prison and remains in critical care from his injuries.,"

The direction of the new-casting changes. Clarks gaze falls to the floor as he soaks up the information. It's really daunting him.

"Clark, The eggs!" Sarah screams calling Clark back to his senses. The smell of burnt eggs, hit his nose.

Clark looks at Sarah apologetically, "I'm sorry," Clark says, his tongue trails his upper lip.

Sarah sighs, "You don't have to be sorry, Clark. You weren't the only one distracted,"

༻✦༺

LexCorp

Senator Finch and Senator Barrows makes there way towards The basketball court in the main lobby of LexCorp. Lex takes a shot. As the ball makes its way into the hoop he turns around noticing the Two Senator's he invited over. He shakes hands with each of them, Senator Finch being the more hesitant of bunch.

Lex guides them through Cordoned off hallways, "Dad was born in East Germany," He explains. The doors to his office slides open, more armed guards hiding behind them, "Every day he had to eat stale crackers, and that's if he was lucky. On every other Saturday, he had to get up, march in a big parade and wave flags for tyrants to survive," He concludes with resentment.

Lex picks up a bouncy ball, "That's why I think it was providence that his son would end up with this," He says bouncing as he paces the floor.

He stops and gestures towards an isolated, transparent, cubed-container. A stand rises from within. Senator Finch's draws her attention away from Lex and turns to the small green rock, in the shape of an arrowhead.

"One of my rebuild Metropolis crews found it awhile back, near the spot where the World Engine bounded onto our little blue planet," Lex informs the Senators. He folds his hands on top of the cubed-container, placing all his wait upon it.

Senator finch leans in closer to the object,"What does a rock have to do with homeland security?" She asks.

Lex shake his head, "Homeland security? No, no, no, no, no, ma'am! This is a matter of planetary security!"

The two lock gazes, Lex eyes betrays him when he look towards a man in a lab coat, also occupying the room.

"The fragment is a radioactive Xenomineral," The scientist spoke up. This information getting the attention of Senator Finch.  "The fragment is of a radioactive xenomineral. We suspected it might have bio-interactions, so, we took the sample to AMRIID," He explains. The scientist presses a button on the Keyboard.

The monitor changes and Reveals General Zod, "Where they keep the remains of the Kryptonian decedent," The footage now shows the green rock making an incision. It easily cuts through the Kryptonian's skin, "When we exposed general Zod to the mineral, this happened,"

Another tab opened revealing a closer look of the process at a microscopic level, "Profound biodegradation, decaying Kryptonian cells," He finishes as the Kryptonian rock severe every one of General Zod's cells that's in its wake.

"We knew immediately that the mineral could be weaponized," Lex speaks up with a an unsettling amount of enthusiasm, "If a large enough sample was found. We couldn't find any here in Metropolis, however, Amongst the fishes, we nabbed a whale!"

The scientist presses the keyboard once again, The screen depicting a gargantuan slab of Kryptonite on a sandy beach, "Lying at the bottom of the Indian Ocean, Emerald City" Lex exhaled, smirking at June before taking one last glance at the mineral.

"Beautiful..." Lex admires.

"Now," He says, looking back at her egger to get to the business part, " Rocky is radioactive, but what he needs from you is an import license,"

"And why would we want to weaponize this material?" Senator Flinch asks.

"As a deterrent," Lex begins, "-as a silver bullet to keep in reserve to use against the Kryptonian's so the day does not come, madam, when your children are waving daisies at a reviewing stand," He concludes.

"Last I looked, the only one of those flying around up here was Superman," Senator Barrow says.

"Ha-ha, oh yes, Superman," Lex spits out the name, "But uhh, there are uh...more of them," Images displayed on the viewing screen, They are of 'Freedom' using her powers freely.

Senator Finch looks to the screen, "The metahuman thesis?" Senator Finch Questions.

"Yes," Lex perks up, "The meta-human thesis. More likely than not. These exceptional beings live among us, such as, Superman's sidekick, Freedom," Lex begins to say circling the Kryptonite, "Gods among men upon our-" He takes out the blue ball and wails it around making sure Senator sees it before slamming it on top of the Cubed-container, "-tiny little blue planet here,"

"Now, don't have to use the silver bullet. But, if you forge one...Well, then... We don't have to depend upon the kindness of monsters,"