IV. Chapter 79: "It's an Alien ship"

Kent Farm

Smallville, Kansas

Month's Later

Seeing her son approaching the porch, Martha stops tending to her garden and stands up. The dog barks up at Martha, she smiles, "Go get him," not a second later their dog runs up to Clark.

Clark pets the dog briefly, before turning his attention to his mother. Martha takes off her Hat and squints her eyes to get a good look at Clark, "Well look at you," Martha says beamingly.

They close the distance and before long they're embracing each other.

Martha pulls apart, they begin their small walk to the porch.

"A reporter came by here," Martha informs him,

"She's a friend. Don't worry." Clark responds.

"Oh," She says teasingly,

"Mom,"

"What?"

"Mom. I found them," He states, Clark's smile grows wider.

"Who?" Martha questions.

"My parents..." Clarks says and pauses before saying, "My people... I know where I come from now,"

Showing happiness, but also sadness, Martha says, "Wow, that's wonderful..." As her stomach begins to form knots, "I'm so happy for you, Clark," She manages to say.

"What?" Clark asks sensing his mother's sorrow.

"It's nothing," Martha replies, sitting on the stairs of her front porch.

Clark joins her.

"When you were a baby, I used to stand by your crib at night," Martha begins, "I would always watch you breathe, just to make sure  you were safe. And, it was hard for you. You struggled and I worried all the time..." Martha stops to recollect herself.

Clark cuts in, "You were worried the truth would come out,"

Martha wraps a comforting arm around him, "No, the truth about you? is beautiful,"

"We saw that the moment we laid eyes on you. We knew that one day, the whole world would see that,"

Martha Chokes back tears, "I'm just worried that they'll take you away from me,"

Clark chuckles lightly embracing his mother in a hug, "Oh, Mom. I love you and you'll always be my mom, I'm not going anywhere anytime soon. I promise," He reassures her.

Outside of Earth's atmosphere, a ship, known as the Black Zero, descends toward Earth.

༻✧༺

Themyscira

It's been a couple of months since Sarah landed on Themyscira and she's come to know all their customs. The Amazonians treat Sarah as if she was one of them. It makes being here a lot easier, for thoughts of the rest of the universe still plagues her mind.

Amazonian's gathers in the training field. Awaiting the long-anticipated fight against The most powerful Amazon, Artemis, and Sarah.

Sarah, now in custom-made armor, makes her way to the center of the field where Artemis stood.

Sarah used these last few months to pick up on some sword fighting skills

Sarah used these last few months to pick up on some sword fighting skills. She enjoyed not only beating but teaching her fellow opponents.

Artemis and Sarah face each other.

Letting out a battle cry Artemis charges and Sarah, lifting her ax up in the air before bringing it down towards Sarah's sword,

Artemis readies her Ax again, this time Sarah catches it's shoulder before Her attention turns towards the sky.

Sarah allows Artemis to remove her ax. It seems like every Amazonian is looking up towards a ship.

"Not again," Sarah whispers, though it looks like a relatively different ship, she knows it means must mean trouble.

"What is it?" 

"It's an alien ship," Sarah replies, now standing next to Queen Hippolyta on top of the cliff.

"Is this ship the same one that attacked your warriors?" Queen Hippolyta questions.

"No. This one looks different," curiosity is getting the best of her, "I have to see what it wants,"

"Your heart is so pure," Queen Hippolyta's hand brushes against Sarah's cheek, "I would never have known someone so evil once controlled you," Showing Sarah a motherly affection.

"I know I won't be able to return," she says sadly, "How can I when your daughter can't?"

"You will be missed," Menalippe says,

Sarah smiles, then looks up to the ship, "Hopefully this works," she mumbles.

Inside the ship, she begins to chant.

Sarah doesn't feel any falling sensation, so she must be on solid ground. She immediately falls to her knees.

Sarah coughs and looks to see the presence of blood, "bloody hell," she spits. Her vision becoming spotty, too weak to even teleport off the ship.

She blinks her vision clear enough to see two forms walking in her direction. Her arms give way and passes out before they reach her.