IV. Chapter 81: "So, that Krypton can live again"

Clark Kent/Kal-El's Mindscape

Black Zero

Clark awakens, his blue eyes searches his surroundings. 'Strange', Clark remembers being on Zod's ship, How did he get back home?

"Hello, Kal," The voice of Zod interupts his thoughts. Clark's arises facing General Zod, Or do you prefer 'Clark'?" He continues, "That's the name they gave you, isn't it?"

"I was Krypton's military leader," Zod begin, not giving one once of leg room for clark to speak up, "your father our foremost scientist. The only thing we agreed on was that Krypton was dying. In return for my efforts to protect our civilization, and save our planet, I and my fellow officers were sentenced to the Phantom Zone. And then the destruction of our world freed us. We were adrift, destined to float amongst the ruins of our planet until we starved.'

Clark frowns, "How did you find your way to earth?"

Zod's willingness to answer this question grew, "We managed to retro fit the phantom projector into our hyper drive. The instrument of our damnation became our salvation. We sought out the old colonial outposts, looking for signs of life," Zod looks down sadly showing some kind of remorse,"All we found was death. Cut off from Krypton these outpost withered and died long ago," He explains.

"We salvaged what we could, armor, weapons, even a world engine. For thirty-three years we prepared, until finally we detected a distress beacon, which you triggered when you accessed the ancient scout ship,"

General Zod smiles, stepping towards Clark, who now has his back towards him, "You lead us here, Kal,"

The sky darkens, Frightened Crows make their escape, Clark's eyes follows their ruite. A blinding light desends from space.

"And now it's within your power to save what remains of your race," Zod continues, The once , blinding light, now visible as a world engine. "On Krypton, the genetic template of every being yet to be born is encoded in the registry of citizens. Your father stole the registry's codex and stored in the capsule that brought you here,"

Clark looks to the ground, "For what purpose?" he questions.

"So that Krypton can live again...on earth,"

Clarks brows farrows.

The world engine ignites, sending a wave of dust hurdling towards Clark and General Zod, Zod seems relevantly fine just standing there, but Clark has a tough time with the gravel getting in his eyes. In the midst of all of this his plain clothes turns into his suit.

The Dust clears, just enough to see the Kent farm looking as dry as a dessert. The suns now feet away from the two Kryptonians.

"Where is the Codex, Kal?" General Zod questions.

"If Krypton lives again, what happens to earth?" Clark has grown to love this planet and the people in it so, of course this question would come to mind.

"A foundation has to be built on something. Even your father recognized that,"

Clark comes to notice the foundation under him begin to change, he looks down to see skulls, thousands upon thousands of human skulls. Within seconds he begins to sink, His breathing picks up, "No. Zod, I can't be a part of this,"

Zod steps closer, A glim expression on his face as he questions, "Then what can you be a part of?" He watches as Clark sinks deeper and Deeper into the sea of skulls. Zod listens as Clark Begs

"No," escapes Clark's lips as the last of the Human Skulls covers him up.

- ✦ -

Black Zero

Clark's open abruptly, noticing now he's on a metal slab, his arms strapped down keeping him restrained. He tries to pull himself free, but the straps woldn't budge. Now, he's confused. Usually this would work.

"Your father acquitted himself with honor, kal..."

Clark's confusion grew, then realisation hit him, "You killed him?" He questions.

"I did," Zod confirms, "and not a day goes by where it doesn't haunt me, but if I had to do it again, I would...I have a duty to my people...and I will not allow anyone to prevent me from carrying it out," and with that Zod leaves the room.

In his anger, Clark once again tries to get out of the restraints. Jax takes notice, "You're wasting your efforts," Jax-Ur begins, "The strength you derived from your exposure to the earth's sun has been neutralized on our ship. Here, in this environment, you're as weak as a human,"