VII. S - Chapter 134: "Who do we lose?"

EARTH-38

QUANTUM TOWER, NATIONAL CITY

Now inside the abandoned building that the tower completely obliviated, the five heroes stealthily make their way further into the building.

"So, what is this? The proverbial calm before the storm?" Mia says, breaking the silence.

"Something like that," Oliver mutters before turning to face his daughter with a serious look upon his face, "Remember, Mia, whatever happens...find your mother. Tell her how much I love her,"

The heroes come across a ray of windows, just outside were a flying army of shadow demons.

"Ooookay," Mia says with wide eyes, her bow already prepared for any incoming attack, "When Lyla said an army, I thought she meant an... army.

"She did. It's just that...We've never faced one like this before," Oliver says.

"I have," Sarah points out, "The ones I'm familiar with, fed off fear, these shadow-demons? they don't even look like you can physically hit them with anything,"

Oliver rolls his eyes, notching an arrow from his quiver, Mia follows her father's lead, and the rest of the heroes get in a battle-ready stance.

Each of them was now in a protective circle, covering all sides with enough space to kick, punch, and aim arrows without hitting each other.

" 'One army', She said. 'One army?' It's more like ten!" The Atom exclaims, hitting whichever shadow-demons decided to go after him.

Mia lines up two Shadow-demons with one arrow, it flies graciously right through them, "Very Nice," her father comments.

"Learned from the best," She calls back.

Noting the number of shadow-demons vs. them, Oliver decides to yell, "Take cover!"

Sarah's eyes widen just before she teleports behind a pillar. The others quickly make haste to do the same.

Once Oliver makes his way behind a pillar, Sarah turns to him from where she's crouching and informs him that, "They're trying to breach the tower,"

"Well," he begins popping out from his cover, aiming his arrow at a shadow-demon, "We can't let that happen!" He yells and lets loose his bowstring.

Batwoman looks to the Atom, "I'll take that upgrade now,"

"Oh," Ray says in slight excitement, "If I can have one of those
without losing an appendage,"

"Oh, so cool!" he exclaims in amazement as he balances the Batarang on his thumb. "Incredibly balanced. Carbon fiber?" Ray questions.

"Your friend talks a lot," Mia mentions.

"Yeah, you get used to it...Hey, Ray, focus!" Oliver yells.

"Focusing!" Ray exclaims in an apologetic tone, "Now," he says, eyeing the Batarang intensively, as he places it on his forearm, "if we can just charge your Batarang
with my compressed light energy," His arm lit up for a brief second before Batwoman abruptly took it back.