V. Chapter 113: "No harm shall come to you,"

'Where is that bloody spear?' the thought rages in Sarah's mind as she desperately searched for the object.

Bang.

Bang.

Bang.

The sound was coming from underneath a pile of ruble. Sarah turns her head towards the noise.

Freedom lifts the boulder tossing it to the side, when she looks down a woman was floating in a body of water.

"Lois,"

She pulls Lois out the water. A look of worry crosses her face, noticing that Lois wasn't breathing.

Lois takes a small breath in, coughing up some water, "The Kyrponite is-" unable to get her last words out, after succumbing to a coughing fit, Lois gestures towards the pool of water.

Sarah understood.

She takes a deep breath before diving in the mirky water. Upon finding the Spear, just five meters away from the surface, she begins hearing muttered voices.

Looking up, she spots a familiar red cape. With a tremendous kick at the bottom of the pool she launches her self to the surface, the spear leading the way in front of her.

"Why are you here?" Sarah questions.

"I- heard the pounding...I t-t-thought-" Superman manages to get out before succumbing to the pain.

Superman falls to Sarah feet.

Sarah looks down at the Spear before tossing it. The least amount of Kryptonite near Clark, the best.

"You can't be near me, Clark," She bends down to sooth his cheek.

Freedom was ready to leave, but Clark pulls Sarah into him. Their faces now, inches away from each other.

"I love you," Pain was laced in his every word.

Clark clenches his teeth, barely having enough strength to reach for her face. A loud roar interrupts there moment. The three of them turn the head to see Wonder Woman battling the beast all on her lonesome.

Clark turns his attention back to Sarah, "This is your world now," He caresses her cheek.

Clark smiles, His eyes, peering directly into her soul, "You're my world," he manages to whisper out.

Sarah breaths out a laugh, "It took you going soul-searching to find that out?" She jokingly questions

He felt drawn towards her lips and suddenly they meet hers. He grimaces with every in take of breathe