V. Chapter 92:"I can't do it again,"

Earth 538, 2020

Lois' Apartment

Metropolis, Delaware

Lois' keys hit the lock, and she's instantly bombarded with questions from Sarah, "Are you alright?" She asks. After the whole confrontation in Africa Freedom and Lois parted ways.

Sarah hasn't seen her since then.

     "Yeah," Lois sighs, "I'd rather not be asked any questions about what happened, right now," Sarah nods in understanding.

     "Do you want any help with that?" Sarah gestures towards Lois' suitcase.

     "Uh?" Lois looks down at her suitcase, "Sure...I'm gonna grab the wine bottle," She replies walking towards the kitchen.

     "I Wouldn't mind a glass as well," Sarah calls over her shoulder as she begins unzipping Lois' suitcase.

     "Coming right up," Lois mumbles.

༻✦༺    

Sarah sat on the floor separating Lois' Clothes, Lois soon met up with her and hands her a wine glass,

     "Thanks," Sarah replies, taking something more than a sip.

Lois eyes widen, "You better slow down or you're gonna get drunk," She comments

     "I can't get drunk," she sighs placing the empty wine glass on the counter. Her hand grazes a white blouse with blood stains on it.

Lois looks down at it, "I was meaning to throw that out," she grabs the top and tosses it to the side.

Sarah looks at Lois sadly.

     "Don't look at me like that, Sarah

     "Don't look at me like that, Sarah...Don't look at me like I'm fragile, because I'm not," Lois says.

     "No," Sarah says sternly, "You're Lois Lane, Pulitzer Prize-winning reporter for the Daily Planet. In no way are fragile," Sarah says placing a hand on Lois' arm.